Deloitte Named Most Impactful to Clients and Deepest in Corporate Treasury Consulting by ALM has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte Named Most Impactful to Clients and Deepest in Corporate Treasury Consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, Oct. 25, 2017 — Deloitte announced today that ALM Intelligence has named it as a global leader in corporate treasury consulting. In the report, entitled “Corporate Treasury Consulting 2017,” Tomek Jankowski, senior analyst, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte has gone furthest in putting the corporate treasury into a broader client company context, looking not just at treasury functions, but at the treasury from the CFO perspective.”
“The feedback we’ve received from our clients reinforces Deloitte’s leading approach toward treasury transformation,” said Chuck Saia, CEO of Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory, Deloitte & Touche LLP. “Engagement with the C-suite and board enables the corporate treasury function to elevate critical conversations to the business level, ultimately enhancing growth capabilities.”
“Being ranked the leader in corporate treasury consulting by ALM as No. 1 in client impact, No. 1 in depth and No. 2 in breadth of services is a key achievement,” said Melissa Cameron, principal, Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory, Deloitte & Touche LLP, and Deloitte Global treasury leader. “The most progressive companies are now linking corporate strategy to how their finance teams operate. Deloitte encourages and enables the treasurers we serve to be the necessary catalyst for corporate strategy.”
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for corporate treasury consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending trends and forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organizations.
Additional findings from the report
- “Deloitte’s vision for the corporate treasury is among the most progressive in terms of focusing on treasury’s role in company strategy and its ability to help the CFO fulfill his/her agenda.”
- “Deloitte triangulates between treasurers, the CFO, and the board, moving between the minutiae of treasury functionality and the growth strategy of the CFO and board with risk and finance to help treasurers become the catalyst for company goals their company needs them to be.”
- “An emerging area important for the treasury space has been treasury in M&A, helping client treasury departments cope with the deal process, develop a business global model strategy for treasury, and ultimately integrating (or disentangling) treasury functions; Deloitte has a strong showing for treasury in the deals space.”
- “Deloitte has gone the furthest in putting the Corporate Treasury into a broader client company context.”
- “Deloitte particularly targets global clients with the strongest cross-border capabilities in treasury services. The four major areas of focus include treasury strategy, operations, and technology; capital markets, corporate finance, and investor relations; risk management, FX, interest rate, and commodities; and securitization, and insurance and captives.”
- “While all the Big Four firms are developing a cross-disciplinary, integrated team service delivery model, Deloitte has brought this concept the furthest, allowing Deloitte to deploy and manage resources very effectively, particularly in cross-border treasury projects.”
- “Deloitte’s treasury offering is housed in its Risk and Financial Advisory practice with a focus on governance, processes, models, data and technology, and reporting related to capital, liquidity and treasury risk management.”
- “Deloitte is able to bring to bear its tax, securitization, legal, digital, transaction and management consulting capabilities.”
- “The risk element to Deloitte’s approach comes in the form of liquidity risk management, which is a key underlying theme in Deloitte’s Treasury services.”
- “With clients, Deloitte triangulates between the treasurer, the CFO, and the board in addressing treasury needs and driving treasury transformation. Deloitte has a ladder approach to treasury problems and escalates from treasury operations (cash management, pooling, BRM, funding) to financial risk management, in-house banking, treasury analytics and insights, and responding to disruptors (process automation, machine learning, and new payment technologies).”
Deloitte provides industry-leading audit, consulting, tax and advisory services to many of the world’s most admired brands, including more than 85 percent of the Fortune 500 and more than 6,000 private and middle market companies. Our people work across more than 20 industry sectors to make an impact that matters — delivering measurable and lasting results that help reinforce public trust in our capital markets, inspire clients to see challenges as opportunities to transform and thrive, and help lead the way toward a stronger economy and a healthy society. Deloitte is proud to be part of the largest global professional services network serving our clients in the markets that are most important to them.