Deloitte at Davos 2015
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting
The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting (held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, and typically referred to as Davos) presents a yearly opportunity to gauge the world’s perspective on pressing economic and social issues. Global leaders participate in a variety of panel discussions and private events, addressing topics at the forefront of the world agenda.
The Annual Meeting in Davos is an incredible convening center for global stakeholders and an opportunity to share perspectives on the issues facing global business and beyond. In 2015, Deloitte’s delegation will convene in Davos from 21-24 January along with business and government leaders from around the globe to address the theme "The new global context"
In 2015, Deloitte will continue to focus on the role of business in society; a theme which was originally introduced in 2012 and has consistently been built on since then. This year we will specifically focus on the role that business can play in solving big issues in collaboration with other stakeholders.
Once again leveraging the ‘InnovationLive’ concept used in 2013 and 2014, this year DeloitteDavosLive, #DeloitteDavosLive, will engage participants in an immersive experience under the overarching theme “Impact that Matters”. The Millennial generation is a key voice on this topic, and Deloitte will release the results of the 2015 Millennial Survey at Davos.
DTTL Global CEO Barry Salzberg will lead the Deloitte delegation at Davos, which will also include:
- Yoriko Goto, Managing Partner, Financial Services Industry, Deloitte Japan
- Alain Pons, CEO, Deloitte France
- David Sproul, CEO, Deloitte UK
Steve Almond, DTTL Chairman, will additionally participate and represent Deloitte in the Community of Chairmen meeting at Davos.
Reshaping the World of Work
On Wednesday, 22 January, DTTL Global CEO Barry Salzberg moderated a session on “Reshaping the World of Work,” a panel discussion on what societal, economic, and technological forces are reshaping the employment context.
Dimensions addressed include:
- Demographic shifts in emerging economies
- Re-industrialization in advanced economies
- Implications of structural unemployment
Additional panel participants included:
- Alan Clark, Chief Executive Officer, SABMiller Plc
- Kris Gopalakrishnan, President, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Arne Sorenson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Marriott International Inc.
- Tarek Sultan Al Essa, Chairman and Managing Director, Agility
Deloitte has been selected to serve as an official project advisor to seven Forum projects this year. Deloitte project advisors in attendance at Davos will participate in high-level discussions and share thought leaderships pieces on current global issues for their respective projects:
- Jacques Buith, Risk and Responsibility in a Hyper-connected World
- Chip Cottrell, Partnering Against Corruption Initiative (PACI): Designing Corruption out of the System
- Duane Dickson, Collaborative Innovation: Future of Bio-refineries and Energy Harnessing
- John Levis, Competitiveness Lab- Latin America
- Pradeep Prabhala, Re-designing Development Finance