Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors (AHIA) Annual Conference
August 27–30, 2017 | Boston, MA
Deloitte is pleased to, once again, be a sponsor of the AHIA annual conference. We’re also honored that one of our practitioners, Glenn Wilson, will deliver the closing keynote, “Hacking our trust: What healthcare auditors need to know.” We’ll be represented by some of our most experienced industry-focused professionals who provide a broad range of services to providers, hospital systems, medical clinics, research institutions, laboratories, and health service agencies. Connect with us at the conference to learn more and visit our exhibit booth.
Information about our speaking engagements:
|The good, the bad, and the ugly—Top tips for internal audit execution|
|August 28, 1:10–2:00 p.m.
Michael Cronin, managing director, Tara Krishnaswamy, manager, and Ryan Pollock, manager, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Explore tips, tricks, lessons learned, and leading practices on how to execute an effective internal audit engagement. We’ll discuss the annual risk assessment process, how to properly plan an audit, pre-close meetings, sharing observations real time, use of subject matter specialists, and what not to do. This will be an exciting session that covers the good, the bad, and the ugly of internal auditing.340B program outlook: An auditor’s toolkit for 2017 and beyond
|340B program outlook: An auditor’s toolkit for 2017 and beyond|
|August 29, 3:30–5:10 p.m.
Debi Weatherford, Piedmont Healthcare, and Anthony Lesser, senior manager, Deloitte & Touche LLP
The 340B Drug Pricing Program provides eligible hospitals and health care organizations with access to one of the deepest discounts on pharmaceuticals in the country. But as the program continues to evolve, it’s incurring intense and increasing scrutiny from regulators and pharmaceutical manufacturers. The health care auditor plays a critical role in helping to identify and mitigate the increased risk and uncertainty surrounding this program. In this session, industry leaders will provide a regulatory outlook for 340B and a toolkit to help organizations strengthen existing audit programs and prepare for future changes.
|Keynote: Hacking our trust: What health care auditors need to know
|August 30, 11:00 a.m.–Noon
Glenn Wilson, senior manager, Deloitte & Touche LLP
An unfortunate truth is that cyber criminals are changing, evolving, and adapting faster than ever before. The tools and technologies protecting organizations today may not be sufficient for the threats of tomorrow. Attacks against the financial and physical safety of patients, employees, and the organization are becoming bolder and more difficult to detect … until it’s too late.
Core information security principles need to be improved and additional vigilance to understand new and emerging attack vectors should be embraced. Join in on a discussion focused on the current hacking landscape and how it’s evolving to meet the demands of the dark market.
- Strengthening internal audit's impact and influence: Nine ways to respond to stakeholder's needs: Read about how internal audit can meet stakeholders' needs to deliver assurance, as well as advise and anticipate risks
- Internal audit: Golden oldies or latest tunes? Learn what innovative and progressive internal audit groups are doing to help raise the stature of their function
- Becoming agile: Elevating internal audit performance and value: Read the latest in our new Becoming agile series
- MACRA: Disrupting the health care system at every level: A one-stop shop for the latest on MACRA
- Cyber assurance: How internal audit, compliance and information technology can fight the good fight together: Cyber assurance can seem daunting, but it is a fairly straightforward process if undertaken systematically. AHIA and Deloitte collaborated to outline this process for those serving in the internal audit and compliance functions for healthcare organizations. To learn more, download the full report.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us and we would be happy to schedule a meeting with you and your team.