Enterprise Integrity Risk has been saved
Enterprise Integrity Risk
A corporate forensics solution
Despite increasing legal and regulatory scrutiny, fraud and misconduct (what we call "integrity risk") are on the rise—costing companies $6.3B annually. In response, some organizations categorize integrity risk in isolation. Others take a reactive stance. But those approaches can restrict effective risk mitigation. They can also result in gaps.
- Integrated approach, better results
- Steps to success
- Mind the gaps
- Drivers that impact enterprise integrity risk
- A powerful corporate forensics solution
Integrated approach, better results
Without an effective integrity risk management program, organizations may be limited to treating the symptoms of fraud and misconduct without addressing the disease. An integrated approach to predicting, detecting, and preventing wrongdoing related to fraud and misconduct can help. Our Enterprise Integrity Risk (EIR) corporate forensics solution delivers the methodologies, processes, and technologies needed to identify, manage, and mitigate fraud and misconduct risk.
Steps to success
In response, some organizations address integrity risk in isolation. Others only respond reactively to integrity risk issues. Unfortunately, those approaches are limited in their effectiveness. They can also result in gaps in integrity risk management programs.
- Assess. Gauge the current state of an enterprise’s integrity risk management program and select risk areas of focus.
- Understand. Evaluate the organization's controls, systems, and data for each selected focus area.
- Compile. Create a cross-functional profile of your organization’s risks and controls.
- Deploy. Implement analytics that proactively detect enterprise integrity risks across your organization to generate key insights and observations.
- Design. Create enhancements and continuous process improvements.
Mind the gaps
Our EIR specialists take a closer look at your organization's existing data to proactively identify exposure gaps and vulnerabilities to risks. Then we address the gaps to decrease integrity risk over time, while also positioning organizations for transparency and improved resilience.
Deloitte's EIR solution features cutting-edge technology that enables your organization's business functions to trim down the gaps related to risk mitigation and fraud detection.
Drivers that impact enterprise integrity risk
There are many factors that hinder effective risk detection, risk mitigation, and risk prevention, including:
|A complex, disconnected or "growth at all costs" business model. This typically contains inherent conduct vulnerabilities.|
|Manual and complicated processes and procedures. Often these may interfere with business agility.|
|Weak systems for monitoring enterprise integrity risks. These allow misconduct within the organization to remain hidden.|
|Disparate subcultures or problematic prevailing culture. Subcultures may thrive without detection.|
A powerful corporate forensics solution
Deloitte's EIR solution can help your organization:
- Increase coordination. Using holistic strategies and reliance models fueled by data, we work with you to align risk management functions across the enterprise.
- Gain a full view of risk and compliance. We assist you in moving from maintaining separate lines of defense to integrating efforts and proactively managing risk.
- Reduce liability. Using our proactive approach, you can reduce the risk of violating regulations and incurring fines while corporate officers can mitigate the risk of individual liability.
- Achieve cost efficiency. Large-scale investments to replace existing platforms may be unnecessary. We work with you to leverage technologies and platforms to do more with less.
- Improve performance and meet expectations. Regulators, management, boards, and even the public recognize the power of data. We leverage analytics so better transparency, more insight, and stronger compliance is delivered across your entire organization.
- Predict and become proactive. Our methodology moves you from predicting and sensing to acting and monitoring—enhancing your ability to understand where the next misconduct failure is likely to occur.
New digital defenses for new digital risks
Strengthen your fraud risk management program