Financial Reporting Alerts | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Financial Reporting Alerts
Issued as needed to highlight up-to-the-minute accounting, regulatory, or other developments that may require immediate action or that may affect financial reporting and disclosure.
Most Recent Financial Reporting Alert
Adoption of ASU 2018-07 in an interim period
Financial Reporting Alert 18-10
This alert addresses the questions that have arisen about how entities that have early adopted FASB Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2018-07, Improvements to Nonemployee Share-Based Payment Accounting, in an interim period can determine the adoption date for the calculation of the transition adjustments. We believe that there is more than one acceptable approach to making such a determination. This alert focuses on two illustrative approaches and includes sample journal entries for each one.
Recent Financial Reporting Alerts
- 18-9, Classification of cryptocurrency holdings
- 18-8, Recent developments related to the classification of Argentina as a highly inflationary economy under U.S. GAAP
- 18-7, Emerging companies — Common-stock repurchase transactions
- 18-6, Financial statement implications of the new partnership audit rules
- 18-5, Application of ASU 2016-15 to the sale of trade receivables to multi-seller commercial paper conduit structures (Updated August 3, 2018)
- 18-4, FASB issues ASU on reclassifying certain tax effects from AOCI (superseded by Financial Reporting Alert 18-1)
- 18-3, SAB 118 implementation issues (superseded by Financial Reporting Alert 18-1)
- 18-2, FASB makes decisions about the application of income tax guidance to certain tax reform provisions
- 18-1, Frequently asked questions about tax reform (updated June 20, 2018)
- 17-7, Financial reporting considerations related to pension and other postretirement benefits
- 17-6, Financial reporting implications of disasters
- 17-5, SEC reemphasizes its continued focus on the new revenue standard, including advancing ICFR