HBCU Emerging Leaders in Accounting Scholarship Program has been saved
HBCU Emerging Leaders in Accounting Scholarship Program
A multi-day program that brings together select students from HBCUs across the country for the possibility of being awarded a $10,000 scholarship
Envision your future
You decided to pursue an accounting degree to stand out. You have aspirations, experiences, and a background, that are exclusively you. And to tackle the most complex challenges of Deloitte’s Audit & Assurance clients, that’s exactly what we need: the collective knowledge, experience, and unique perspectives of each of our professionals. It makes us strong, and it gives you the chance at a valuable and rewarding career.
Get a head start
The Deloitte HBCU Emerging Leaders in Accounting Scholarship Program is a multi-day program that brings together select students from HBCUs across the country to demonstrate and further develop strategic thinking, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills for the possibility of being selected as a scholarship recipient.
- At the completion of the program, Deloitte will award five HBCU students with $10,000 scholarships.
- Scholarship recipients must commit to a 2020 internship with Deloitte’s Audit & Assurance business.
In addition to professional development programming, participants will receive mentorship by Deloitte Audit & Assurance professionals and business leaders.
Are you an HBCU student who is interested in a career in audit? If you like numbers, data analysis, and have a keen interest in the details – all while making an impact on your college campus – apply for Deloitte’s HBCU Emerging Leaders in Accounting Scholarship program today.
Qualifications for eligibility:
- Currently enrolled in a Historically Black College or University (HBCU).
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science/Business Administration in Accounting or related field.
- Definitive plans for completing the 150-hour requirements for CPA eligibility by spring/summer 2021.
- Strong academic track record with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Availability to attend the on-site event at Deloitte University beginning November 8 through November 10, 2019, in Westlake, Texas; travel and accommodations will be provided and/or funded by Deloitte.
How to apply
The application period for the HBCU Emerging Leaders in Accounting Scholarship Program has closed.