Reduce, manage, and mitigate risk
In Advisory, we work with CFOs and other corporate leadership to reduce, manage, and mitigate risk. We do this by helping clients improve processes and procedures in areas such as audit, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, cyber security, and technology.
Advisory is a part of Deloitte & Touche LLP (“Deloitte & Touche”). We focus on major challenges at a truly macro level for many of the world’s largest and most influential corporations. In Advisory, we work with CFOs and other corporate leadership to reduce, manage, and mitigate risk. We do this by helping clients improve processes and procedures in areas such as audit, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, cyber security, and technology.
If you aspire to make a difference in the world through business, if you seek interaction with leading thinkers at leading companies, and if you are passionate about solving big, far-reaching challenges, Advisory at Deloitte & Touche may be an ideal career choice for you. There are opportunities to join either the Commercial or the Federal Practice.
What we look for
- Bachelor's of Science/Business Administration, with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Cyber Security and Risk Analysis, Analytics, Risk Management, Mathematics and Statistics, Business Administration, Engineering, and Finance. Master's in Accounting, Business Administration or Information Systems
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel for out-of-town engagements
Deloitte supports your progression through the well-defined career path by providing challenging assignments, mentoring, and formal trainings.
Within Advisory, your entry-level title will be consultant. Professionals generally remain in this position for a few years before moving up to the senior consultant position.
Learning and development
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte & Touche, you can develop the analytical, communication, and leadership skills that will help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
To help guide you through your career, Deloitte & Touche provides a number of learning opportunities through its formal university-style learning curriculum. You will start your career at with a thorough training session at Deloitte University. In addition to new hire training programs, you can configure your development by taking courses online or in your local office that align with your specific career interests. Additional formal training may occur depending on the focus area.