Audit & Assurance careers has been saved
Audit & Assurance careers
Get an in-depth look at how companies operate, leverage leading-edge technologies, and make an impact in Audit & Assurance.
At its core, Audit & Assurance enhances trust in the capital markets. And, now, as technology transforms how audits are executed, there are increased opportunities for exposure to meaningful, well-rounded experiences earlier in audit professionals’ careers through delivery of value-add insights and interactions with company leaders.
What we do
Do you think audit is basement offices? Stuffed suits? Dusty tomes? Look again. Financial markets are growing more global and complex, which means our focus on performing independent financial statement audits and independent audits of internal control over financial reporting is more complex as well. Today’s audits are powered by the proliferation of data and the cognitive technologies invented to make sense of it. Audits are led by business minds who are smart and rigorous. Our Audit & Assurance services help a multi-trillion dollar capital markets system function with confidence. An audit is more than an obligation—it’s a powerful lens for illuminating the current state of an enterprise, providing insight that can inform future aspirations. Here are a few ways you can make your impact through Audit & Assurance at Deloitte.
- Know it all: There is perhaps no better way to learn how companies operate than through audit and assurance work. We look deeply and objectively at the inner workings of companies—finance, supply chain, inventory, real estate, assets, technology, and more. We test the design and effectiveness of internal controls. We report to audit committees. In Audit & Assurance, you’ll see firsthand how forces within and outside a company can shape its profitability and performance.
- Transform the profession: Audit & assurance has long been driven by information. As computing power has advanced, Deloitte has developed new tools that can analyze more data more quickly. And that’s expanded audit’s role. Today, we have the capabilities to analyze outliers and data points like never before. We’re unlocking insights that can provide value to our clients. And we’re making audits less arduous and more rewarding for clients and auditors alike.
- High-level conversations: When we sit down with a client today, we’re able to shine a bright light on its enterprise. Our outside-in perspective can help reveal anomalies across vast data sets that can inform business decisions. The result is a business-focused discussion that transforms the obligation of audit into an opportunity for clients to gain understanding.
- Variety of work: Deloitte audits Fortune 1000 companies, large private companies, private equity investment portfolios, and emerging growth and venture capital-backed companies, among many others. And there’s the opportunity for considerable crossover, which provides our people the ability to work through complex regulatory and business issues for a multinational public company on one audit, then sit with the board of directors of a private company to share insights gleaned from our audit for them to consider, and also help a super-heated tech company prep for its initial public offering (IPO).
- Matter on a big stage: At Deloitte, audit and assurance work is conducted at the apex of the profession. Quality and ethics are our hallmark. And because we audit large influential companies, family-owned midmarket companies, and fast-growing companies bound for greatness, our impact is felt throughout the capital markets, Main Street economy, and society at large.
How we do it differently
Our work reveals insights that companies can consider using to help themselves become more competitive, transparent, innovative, and high performing. We’re investing hundreds of millions of dollars in technologies that unleash the potential of the massive volume of data available today. That adds up to insights that can help improve company performance. See how that’s changing audit.
Our impact as a place to work
What we do for our clients, we strive to do for our own people: make an impact that matters. We are regularly recognized as a top employer across a range of categories, including inclusion, well-being, innovation, leadership, and places to start your career. To learn more, check out our latest accolades.
Opportunities for students
It’s your career, your life, and your choice. Deloitte can give you the opportunity to work with some of the best and explore what works for you through a variety of experiences. Our summer internships commonly last eight to 10 weeks. Beyond internships, our training opportunities, conferences and entrepreneurial culture can help spawn the analytical, communication, and leadership skills that could help you achieve your full potential. Start here, even before you graduate, and explore how far you can go. Read more about our opportunities available in Audit & Assurance.
Opportunities for experienced professionals
Innovation is rapidly changing how we provide audit & assurance services. We’re using robotic process automation, machine learning, proprietary algorithms, and more to perform smarter audits and provide insights from data. We can analyze entire populations of data, which enhances audit quality and can help our professionals to focus on areas of audit interest Here are a few links that can help you see how Deloitte is developing the audit of the future.
Meet our people
First-year professionals in Audit & Assurance enter Deloitte as staff assistants and report to seniors and managers who lead audit teams. As they progress through their careers, Audit & Assurance professionals often see greater variety, as leaders tend to manage multiple projects that may cross over between work for publicly and privately held companies. At the same time, many Audit & Assurance professionals focus on specific industries, market segments, or even how to transform the audit itself.
Explore your fit
Think a career in Audit & Assurance might be right for you? Explore your fit and find out.
Explore Your Fit is designed to help you evaluate and explore areas and opportunities within Deloitte that may be a good fit based on your background and interests. After you complete the short online experience you’ll receive a custom guide that that we believe you’ll find useful as you explore opportunities at Deloitte.
Launch: Explore Your Fit