Pharma's big push for value - ConvergeHEALTH | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Pharma's big push for value
End-to-end evidence strategies
As the shift to value-based, personalized healthcare continues, life sciences companies will need to embrace a new operating model based on end-to-end (E2E) evidence management across the entire product lifecycle.
As the shift to value-based, personalized healthcare continues, life sciences companies will need to move product conversations away from marketing-centric messages to those that highlight evidence of efficacy as well as extending the value proposition to include services "beyond the pill." To thrive in this "facts-beat-marketing-hype" future, companies must embrace a new operating model based on end-to-end (E2E) evidence management across the entire product life cycle.
Given this shift, how should companies manage evidence differently throughout the product life cycle and across the various channels of the healthcare ecosystem? This strategy analysis examines the imperative for E2E evidence management for a "facts-beat-marketing-hype" future.
Specifically, this article:
- Discusses how E2E evidence differs from real-world evidence (RWE), advanced analytics, and big data.
- Outlines essential elements of an E2E strategy, including operating model, partnership, and IT/informatics considerations.
- Frames key components to becoming an insights-driven organization.
- Explores the possible downside implications for companies that have not prioritized the imperative for an E2E evidence strategy.
- Poses questions organizations need to be able to answer under the new evidence paradigm.
Leverage data for a high-touch, innovative patient engagement strategy