Special Edition | IRS update: Recent initiatives and tax controversy trends
November 1 | 2 p.m. ET | 18:00 GMT
Host: Dan Dumezich, managing director, Deloitte Tax LLP
1 Overview CPE credit | Taxes
Since FY2010, the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS’s) spending power has been impacted by budget reduction, expenses, and inflation. In this environment of reduced resources, what progress has the IRS made on key initiatives? We’ll discuss:
- The current state of the IRS, including budget and resources.
- Organizational changes and implementation of the IRS’s Future State vision.
- The anticipated timing and communication for additional Large Business & International Division Campaigns.
- The scope of Campaign audits, tracking results, and the feedback loop.
- Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 implementation activities and interim guidance.
Participants will gain insights into these recent developments and other tax controversy trends.