Five Ways Analytics Technologies are Revolutionizing Health Care – Vitamin D Blog | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Five ways analytics technologies are revolutionizing health care
We have grown comfortable with the automation of daily functions such as booking flights, online shopping, and moving funds between bank accounts. But the newest generation of technology offers much more. By enhancing human thoughts and actions, cutting-edge analytics capabilities are forward looking and prescriptive, enabling a technological revolution that impacts many areas of the health care industry.
June 30, 2017
A blog post by Nitin Mittal,
US Analytics & Information Management practice leader, Deloitte Analytics and Michael Brooks, specialist leader, Deloitte Analytics.
This analytics revolution is transforming
- Streaming data from bio-sensors reveal patterns are leading to reductions in neonatal infection rates.
- Internet of Things-based care platforms is automating the delivery of prescriptions to patients with chronic conditions.
- Cognitive systems are supplementing medical students’ knowledge of subspecialties, enabling them to handle more diagnoses and freeing up attending physicians to focus on complex cases.
- Comorbidity and service utilization data are being used to identify hospital patients who are most likely to need readmission—leading to better decisions about their long-term care.
- Topological data analysis and cognitive analytics methods are identifying subsets of patient segments with complex characteristics who would benefit from more precise treatment protocols.
Such analytics applications are expanding rapidly across the
Analytics solutions are extending game-changing innovations in back office functions. Until now, many insurance claims, for example, were still processed using rules-based logic or with human intervention, an approach that is still too error-prone and time-consuming. Robotic process automation and machine learning applications are beginning to streamline such processes, from recording data to making final decisions on claims, cutting costs, and accelerating processing.
With analytics revolutionizing the
- What new choices are available through emerging cognitive analytics technologies?
- How will we prepare for the new era?
- How will we define success in a changing environment?
How will analytics create new challenges and value opportunities for your organization? We'd like to hear from you.