Bringing a tech-enabled internal investigation process to life has been saved
Bringing a tech-enabled internal investigation process to life
Fight threats with Deloitte's fraud investigation tool
Organizations who have been able to harness the role of disruption, must look for their next step to master an integrated approach to forensic investigations. Deloitte Tech-Enabled Investigations Spark Experiences assist with just that.
May 29, 2020
A blog post by David Rudini, principal, Deloitte Consulting, Nitin Mittal, principal, Deloitte Analytics, and Jim Guszcza, chief data scientist, Deloitte Analytics
In a recent Vitamin D blog post, we discussed how tech-enabled investigations can improve fraud-fighting initiatives. Through a set of five insights, we laid the groundwork for how technology—aided by humans with strong knowledge of data science, business, and fraud fluency—can drive consistent, more effective internal fraud investigations.
Now that you’re up to speed on how technology can transform investigative approaches, you might be wondering, "How can I make this happen in my organization?"
But before we address how to harness new investigation capabilities for accelerated performance, we need to touch on the role of disruption. It’s is a common thread that unites fraud, waste, corruption, and other threats. Each threat can significantly impact your organization legally, financially, operationally, and reputationally. And we’ve seen three recent trends that can complicate an organization’s efforts to address such threats:
- Hyper-connectivity and technological innovations create cyber risks and other potential vulnerabilities, even as they enable new business and operating models and open new market opportunities.
- The extended enterprise, which includes suppliers and their subcontractors, customers, and other business relationships, is potentially fertile ground for fraud, waste, and corruption.
- The regulatory environment’s constant change and the increasingly wide net cast by governments around the world are accompanied by the growing cost of compliance and risk of regulatory scrutiny.
Organizations that can effectively exploit the inherent opportunities in each trend—and do so in balance with their risk exposure—often have a distinct advantage over those that don’t. What does that take? An integrated approach to forensic investigations can help organizations effectively identify and weigh anticipated threats while sensing unknown and unanticipated ones. How can you get started? Deloitte’s Tech-Enabled Investigations Spark Experience.
Powered by the Deloitte Greenhouse™ Experience—which leverages behavioral science, environmental psychology, design thinking, and strategy—the Spark Experience provides an immersive exploration of the future of forensics in action.
In this unique environment, your forensic team can:
- Experience firsthand the latest innovations in threat sensing, horizon scanning, forensic investigation, proactive resilience, and crisis response.
- Gain new insights into the quickly changing state of fraud, waste, and corruption, forensic investigations, and technology’s expanding role in each.
- Discover how integrating advanced strategies, methods, skills, and technologies can help you enhance your organization’s forensic capabilities.
By engaging in real-life scenarios, working closely with subject-matter and functional specialists, and brainstorming new ideas, your team will gain a deep and actionable understanding of how tech-enabled solutions can transform the investigation function.
Learn how Deloitte’s Tech-Enabled Investigations Spark Experience can help your team to solve complex issues and work toward the breakthrough you need to more effectively fight fraud, corruption, and other internal threats to your organization.
Please take a moment to comment on your fraud-fighting challenges or post a question about the Spark Experience.