FERC accounting and reporting requirements for power and utilities | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
FERC Accounting and Reporting Requirements Webcast
Deloitte, Edison Electric Institute, and American Gas Association
This 90-minute webcast, hosted by Deloitte, Edison Electric Institute, and American Gas Association, was held on November 8, 2017. It covered:
- FERC Accounting Overview
- FERC Enforcement Report
- FERC Research
- FERC Accounting Hot Topics
Edison Electric Institute (EEI), American Gas Association (AGA), and Deloitte led a one-day live workshop on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) accounting and reporting requirements.
hands-on understanding of various aspects of FERC requirements, including:
- Case study where participants utilized the rules of the Uniform System of Accounts to identify the various differences between GAAP and FERC
- Roundtable discussion of experience with FERC audits
- Formula rate requirements, including a case study of a formula rate filing
- Allowance for Funds Used During Construction (AFUDC) deep dive
- Impact of regulatory-based financial statements on
- How to research FERC accounting matters
2015 Webinar Details
The Edison Electric Institute (EEI), American Gas Association (AGA), and Deloitte hosted a power and utilities webinar on December 8, 2015 focused on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Accounting and Reporting requirements. This webinar was part of a multi-phase project announced early in 2015 by EEI and AGA to improve the industry’s understanding and visibility of FERC accounting and reporting requirements.
The webinar provided:
- The status of FERC converting its reporting software to XML format
- Current areas of focus by the FERC Staff, including recent FERC audit activity
- The FERC accounting impact of recently issued FASB accounting standards
- Review of FERC to US GAAP accounting differences
- Using the FERC website