Insurance tech trends 2013
Elements of post digital
In our Insurance Technology Trends report, we take a detailed look at the major technology developments that will influence insurers over the next 12-18 months. This year, our report examines the convergence and controlled collision of five forces – Analytics, Mobile, Social, Cloud, and Cyber – as businesses move closer to achieving the possibilities of the Postdigital Enterprise™.
Insurance technology trends reshaping the industry
Just as the Industrial Revolution transformed manufacturing centuries ago, the Internet Revolution has changed insurance. Customers who once bought all their life, property, and casualty coverage through paper-based transactions are now shopping for and buying insurance products using tablet computers and smartphones.
Insurance Tech Trends 2013: Elements of postdigital, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Cloud, and Cyber – are reshaping the insurance industry in what we call the Postdigital Era. These five forces offer a new set of tools for business, opening the door to new rules for operations, performance, and competition.
The report explores a number of critical elements that insurance companies will want to consider as they map out their strategies and tactics for the Postdigital era, including:
- The role of insurance CIOs as catalysts for transformation.
- The growing influence of mobile technology as consumers shop for and ultimately purchase insurance.
- The emergence of telematics as a new model for assessing and pricing risk.
- The discovery of patterns in big data that have the potential to trigger breakthrough insights.
- The ongoing need to defend against both short-term cyber-attacks and long-term intrusions that remain hidden deep inside corporate IT systems.