International Tax for Asset Managers update - Summer 2014
The Summer edition of the International Tax for Asset Managers update, a quarterly summary of recent tax developments from around the world, focuses on investment management tax professionals. The ITAMS Update explores investment management–specific issues affecting global tax professionals. We examine international tax issues from different perspectives, while providing an in-depth analysis of various subjects. In this edition, we cover a wide variety of issues and include analysis of select legislative, regulatory, and case law developments from countries such as the United States, Brazil, Russia, and more.
The most recent issue summarizes late-breaking news from the summer months and includes the following representative updates:
- United States: Stop Corporate Earnings Stripping Act of 2014
- Mexico: Recent tax rules issued by Mexican tax authorities
- Brazil: Switzerland moved from black list to gray list status
- Malta: Treatment of investment committee fees derived by nonresidents clarified
- Egypt: Amended tax laws
- Pakistan: Capital gains tax regime
- Russia: Releases draft law that would introduce concept of "beneficial owner"
- Budget highlights: A change in direction
- Budget 2014: Impact on foreign portfolio investors