Creating value with effective care management has been added to your bookmarks.
Creating value with effective care management
Insights for the future
As health care organizations begin to operationalize value-based care, what are key strategies for effective care management?
Care management has become a key issue in the implementation of value-based care
Scott Kolesar, principal and senior leader in Deloitte Consulting LLP's Value Based Care practice, and David Wennberg, MD, MPH, adjunct associate professor of The Dartmouth Institute and former chief executive officer, Northern New England Accountable Care Collaborative, discuss the challenges and competencies involved in creating a care management organization.
This informative interview covers topics including:
- Defining care management within the lens of value based care
- Three core competencies required for successful care coordination
- The role of technology in facilitating care management
- Approaches to care management which can improve outcomes while reducing costs
- Investments that may be necessary for organizations to gain core competencies
- Considerations for care management to be successful long-term