Deloitte at The MedTech Conference 2017
September 25―27, 2017 | San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, CA
Deloitte is proud to be a platinum sponsor of The MedTech Conference 2017, led by AdvaMed, and share our views on how innovation and the emerging power of digital can transform the journey of care.
- MedTech next
- Is medtech innovation at risk?
- Join our sessions at The MedTech Conference 2017
- Watch the video
- Related thinking
Is medtech innovation at risk?
Just launched! Out of the valley of death: How can entrepreneurs, corporations, and investors reinvigorate early-stage medtech innovation?
During The MedTech Conference on September 27, AdvaMed Accel and Deloitte released the full findings of a research project that looks at the state of venture capital investment in medical technology, solutions to fix the capital problem, and strategies to reduce coverage and commercialization risk.
MedTech next: Transforming the journey of care
Innovation starts with insight and seeing challenges in a new way. In health care, the transformative power of digital is redefining innovation and helping stakeholders envision and bring about new solutions to unmet needs. Novel approaches to value-based care and partnering arrangements are also emerging as organizations develop new ways to improve care and lower costs.
Join Deloitte at The MedTech Conference as we explore how companies can leverage digital innovation to transform the journey of care, and do so in a way that addresses the cyber and patient safety risks connected devices can introduce. We will also explore some of the new risk-based arrangements that are emerging as the industry starts to adopt value-based care and implications for medtech companies. Finally, we will discuss how the medtech sector can leverage novel, viable approaches to advance early stage innovation and foster a robust start-up community that further supports the development of creative health care solutions.
Regularly visit this site to access our latest thinking and perspectives and interact with us via Twitter @DeloitteHealth to extend the conversation.
Join our sessions at The MedTech Conference 2017
Super session | Breaking the mold: Effective strategies and partnerships for fostering medtech innovation
Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 11:15 a.m.―12:30 p.m.
Find out how start-ups and large companies can break the mold and leverage novel, viable approaches to advancing early stage innovation. Explore opportunities for large companies to bridge the gap and foster a robust start-up community in medtech.
Moderator—Pedro Arboleda, director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Risk contracting: Putting your money where your value is
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:15 a.m.―12:15 p.m.
Explore examples of risk-based arrangements between hospitals, payers, providers, manufacturers, and industry, as well as the hurdles that may be affecting the development of such partnerships.
Panelist—Mary Cummins, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Related thinking from Mary:
- A framework for comprehensive assessment of medical technologies
- The value imperative for medtech: A new comprehensive approach
- Lessons from the trenches: What MACRA means for medtech
Establishing a culture of cybersecurity excellence
Tuesday, September 26, 11:15 a.m.―12:15 p.m.
Hear more about how state-of-the-art cybersecurity and information security best practices can be shared and utilized, regardless of organizational structure, to ensure patient safety.
Moderator—Russell Jones, partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Related thinking from Russell:
- Managing medical device security risk
- Dbriefs Webcast: Medical devices and the Internet of Things: A three-layer defense against cyber threats
- Cyber risk in advanced manufacturing
Cyber security meetup | Reducing risk, protecting patient safety
Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 10:10 a.m.―10:40 a.m., MedTech Meetup Zone
Join participants to discuss the cyber and patient safety risks new connected devices can introduce, lessons learned, and how the industry can collectively work together to help improve the overall security posture and reduce risk to patient safety.
CEO unplugged | At a tipping point: Capitalizing on the digital health opportunity
Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 10:20 a.m.―10:50 a.m.
Hear from CEOs representing leading innovators in the digital health space on how medtech device data–in some cases real-time–can help drive the adoption of digital health.
Moderator—Glenn Snyder, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Related thinking from Glenn:
- The tipping point for medtech: Consumer demands, innovation, and reimbursement
- Will patients and caregivers embrace technology-enabled health care?
- Getting to the heart of the cardiovascular market: New realities for CVD medtech companies
US market access program
Wednesday, September 27 2:30 – 5:20 p.m.
- Setting the stage: 2017 US health reform fireside chat
- Interactive panel: Policy perspectives
- Interactive panel: Supply Chain & Distribution
Leader: Omer Saka, Partner, Deloite NEW LLP
Watch | Insights on the next generation of medical technology
- Rebuilding the foundation of health care under MACRA
- Mobilizing medtech for mHealth: Market trends and potential opportunities
- Devices and diseases: How the IoT is transforming medtech
- Next-generation “smart” medtech devices: Preparing for an increasingly intelligent future
- Delivering medical innovation in a value-based world
- Getting to the heart of the cardiovascular market