10 questions for inbound US investors
Mergers and Acquisitions
Learn about important questions any company should ask while considering a greenfield or merger and acquisition investment in the US
Investing in the US
If you’re visiting this page, you may have already made a big decision about investing in the United States: You plan to do it. At a minimum, you’re considering it. Maybe you are investing in the United States for the first time, or maybe as an addition to a growing US portfolio.
If you’ve decided to invest, the next steps are to decide when, where, and how—and to proceed with a firm sense of why.
Here are 10 questions to help in your decision process:
- How does making or increasing a US investment fit with your global growth strategy?
- Should you acquire or go greenfield?
- If you acquire, what’s the right target? What’s the right price?
- If you go greenfield, where is the right place to invest?
- What tax considerations will you have to manage?
- How will you navigate the US regulatory landscape?
- How can you compete?
- What talent challenges and opportunities should you focus on?
- What brand challenges does your investment present?
- Once the deal is done, what’s your plan to drive synergies and generate sustainable shareholder value?