How consumer products companies can navigate M&A in emerging markets has been added to your bookmarks.
How consumer products companies can navigate M&A in emerging markets
This article explores issues that consumer products companies may face when they consider engaging in emerging market M&A or strategic partnerships.
Merging market growth has become the siren song of the consumer products (CP) industry. The hard truth is that emerging market M&A is an essential but challenging basis for growth for most CP companies. The upshot: companies seeking growth in emerging markets should consider pursuing targets that can add value in the medium term while providing long-term positional advantages.
This article explores issues that CP companies may face when they consider engaging in emerging market M&A or strategic partnerships, including:
- Why emerging markets are so alluring as potential sources of growth
- Which types of organizations make attractive acquisitions and/or strategic partners
- What market, financial and operational risks individual emerging markets may present
- Which strategies can help CP companies navigate unfamiliar — and, potentially, treacherous — waters
- Why companies should instill focus and pursue targets that can add near-term value and provide long-term positional advantages