From strategy to execution
An Outsourcing Advisory Services compendium
The compendium offers insights to decision-makers and influencers across the board–from chief executives to front-line managers. Articles have been selected based on recent developments in the world of outsourcing, insourcing, and offshoring and offer insights on trends, approaches and specific challenges faced by clients as they embark on their respective journeys.
The five articles in this issue of the compendium span four phases of outsourcing: strategic assessments, negotiations, transition and vendor management. Each article can be read as a self-contained piece or reviewed in concert, as they describe a number of activities and challenges in the end-to-end journey.
- A time-sensitive approach to managing contract negotiations
- Leveraging your shared service center as a springboard to a profitable outsourcing relationship
- Service transition quality management
- Vendor management program office: Onshore or offshore
- Global Business Services: New opportunities to capture value
In this document we present a number of useful ideas on risk mitigation approaches, as well as advise on common mistakes our advisors see across multiple engagements. The case studies included also help to identify practical insights and ideas that can be applied to the four phases of outsourcing; strategic assessments, negotiations, transition and vendor management.
- Cloud versus control: Avoiding an all-or-nothing proposition
- Rebaseline and restructure: A pragmatic approach to restructuring your sourcing deal
- Predicting the future: How long should an outsourcing transition take?
- Service integration: Challenges of integrating managed services in a multi-vendor environment
- Outsourcing amid complexity
- Customer services outsourcing
- Outsourcing compliance and reporting
The five articles in this compendium build upon themes such as strategy, negotiation, transition and vendor management. Each of these articles can be read as a self-contained piece or can be reviewed in concert as they describe a number of activities and challenges in the end-to-end outsourcing journey.
- Releasing latent value through a captive center sale: A framework
- Beyond the contract: Driving value from the renegotiation process
- Avoiding the ditch: Making an effective transition to outsourcing
- The Vendor Management Program Office (VMPO): Five Deadly Sins of Vendor Management: Are hurdles blocking you from getting the most out of your third party relationships?
- From Bangalore to Boston: The trend of bringing IT back in-house