Journey to cloud
Implementing cloud solutions into your portfolio can provide opportunities to increase agility and improve process efficiency by supporting a faster time to deploy applications, reduce development costs, reduce overall IT expenses and increase the utilization of resources to address rising customer expectations.
Why to choose cloud
In this context, the intent and expectations of cloud is clear, as business looks to shift into new delivery models and onto lower cost curves. As cloud is gaining momentum as a mainstream IT delivery model, it is important that the business and IT teams engage in joint discussions to guide decisions on why, how, where, and when to adopt cloud.
Read the ten key questions that both business and IT leadership should consider when starting their journey to cloud. These questions are intended to give consideration toward initiating changes within an organization and addressing potential risks and security concerns with cloud.
The 10 questions include:
- How can cloud benefit your business?
- How do I know if my legacy or planned application is viable in cloud?
- Alright, I know cloud can benefit my business, but how do I go to the cloud?
- Where do I start with cloud? Should I focus on the application or the data?
- What type of cloud should I consider? Where do I look for the on-ramps?
- What are the financial considerations for going to cloud? How can I afford it?
- What are some business operations changes and challenges with cloud?
- What should I consider when choosing a service provider?
- How do I manage my data in the cloud?
- What effects does cloud adoption have on security?