CMS: Medicaid and CHIP Policy Implications and Evaluations “MACPIE” has been added to your bookmarks.
CMS: Medicaid and CHIP Policy Implications and Evaluations “MACPIE”
CMS MACPIE: The purpose of this contract is to obtain Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Policy Implications and Evaluations Task Order Contract (herein referred to as “MACPIE”) policy analysis, market research data, program outreach, and environmental survey and evaluation services. The Center for Medicaid and State Operations (CMSO) within the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS, is the office responsible for the Federal financial participation, oversight, and data reporting for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Medicaid is a joint State-Federal partnership program that funds medical assistance for certain categories of low-income people, including families and children, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities. CHIP is also a joint State-Federal program that provides States with enhanced funding for medical care to uninsured children, and in some cases, adults who do not meet the financial requirements for Medicaid. Both Medicaid and CHIP are administered by individual States under broad Federal guidelines. Since no two States’ programs are alike, collecting high quality data and other programmatic information can be a complex and challenging task. The purpose of this Contract is to enable CMSO to be better informed about the range and effectiveness of State programs, policies and systems and to improve the federal government’s ability to meet its goals and objectives in providing financial support for these critical programs.
Deloitte and CMS MACPIE
Deloitte is the world's largest professional services firm with over 200,000 professionals providing strategic planning, systems development, change management, human capital management, and a variety of attestation, audit, risk, and financial advisory services.
CMS MACPIE Services
- Survey State Medicaid and CHIP staff regarding State practices
- Identify, develop and recommend best practices that can be highlighted
- Analyze CMS statistical and program data
- Analyze State policies and data
- Perform in-depth policy analyses in a variety of areas, e.g., pharmacy, eligibility, claims, benefits, program integrity
- Evaluate health care quality issues and payment reform
Through CMS MACPIE the Deloitte team can help federal management teams improve effectiveness by:
- Providing integrated IT solutions that satisfy evolving needs and administration expectations
- Facilitating service continuity at all levels of your organization
- Sustaining access to industry leading solutions
- Providing adequate competition to meet Congressional requirements