Deloitte's National Multistate Tax Symposium West has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte's National Multistate Tax Symposium West
State tax reboot—the age of multistate | May 8–10, 2019
Make plans to join us for the second annual Deloitte Multistate Tax Symposium West to be held at the Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, California. Early bird rate extended, register now.
National Multistate Tax Symposium West overview
This year’s West Coast event will explore how your business may navigate our post-“tax reform,” post-Wayfair environment from tax compliance, planning, and controversy perspectives. Despite the lack of formal state guidance for many issues, our panelists will help decipher the practical implications of the recent sweeping tax law changes in our new age of multistate taxation.
Highlights of our multistate tax symposium will include:
- How businesses may need to “reboot”–reassess, rethink, and re-apply the fundamentals of state and local taxation in the context of emerging federal, international, and multistate tax issues and trends
- Accounting for state tax law developments that may impact your business’s overall tax rate and financial statements–both from ASC 740 and ASC 450 perspectives
- Tax law implications of today’s Commerce Clause, its role in future state and local tax controversies and arguments, and other protections the Constitution or Congress may provide now and going forward
- Tax policy and politics on the Hill, including results from the November 2018 midterm elections, and thoughts on what to expect throughout 2019 and beyond
- State tax agency officials’ perspectives and insights on tax reform and nexus post-Wayfair, and how they anticipate their respective jurisdictions to respond
- State income tax considerations and risks that may arise from multinational organizational restructurings in light of the federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, including multifaceted state tax implications involving federal conformity and state filing group differences
- State tax aspects of, and planning for, the varying state treatment of the federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act’s foreign income and GILTI provisions
- New debt-related considerations under the federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and how multistate organizations may wish to reevaluate their existing debt structures
- The path forward for sales and use tax reporting, including how Wayfair not only impacts some retailers and eCommerce, but also businesses selling SaaS, cloud, and digital goods/services to end users
- An exploration of state gross receipts taxation regimes
Continuing education: Up to 19.5 CPE credits, taxes, accounting, and specialized knowledge. Credit amount may be dependent on session selection. Learn more about CPE credit information.