The 2018 National Multistate Tax Symposium
Take the lead–Fortifying positions
Presented by Deloitte Tax LLP in collaboration with the Tax Section of the Florida Bar, on February 7–9, 2018 at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Registration for the 2018 National Multistate Tax Symposium is now open
Now in its 14th year, this value-driven forum offers businesses the opportunity to hear from and interact with leading practitioners, industry peers, and colleagues from across the country. Gain practical insight on how businesses can take the lead in spite of more assertive state tax agencies and further-reaching state taxation schemes overall—to better position for more favorable outcomes in this ever-changing state tax environment.
- How businesses may tactically organize and manage their daily corporate operations in preparation for imminent state tax audits and possible controversies
- Potential opportunities available to businesses undergoing audit–including refunds and offsets
- The importance of effectively presenting the facts in an ongoing audit, handling related requests for documents and interviews, negotiating settlements, and preparing for and managing post-assessment appeals
- Corporate governance perspectives on controversy, including government and industry regulations and/or limitations.
- State tax implications of IRS controversies—including why state tax professionals should be aware and involved with federal income tax audits, controversies, and settlements
Who should attend
Multistate tax professionals including vice presidents of tax, tax directors, state tax directors, state tax managers, and other multistate tax specialists seeking expert discussion of the latest in state tax technical, legislative, and planning developments.