2018 Tech Trends: Don't miss out!
Subscribe now to be notified when it's released
Our annual Technology Trends report analyzes the trends that could disrupt businesses in the next 18-24 months. CIOs who can harness the possibilities of these technologies will be better positioned to shape the future of their business.
- Download the report
- Go to Deloitte Insights
- 2017 overview video
- Tech Trends iPad app
- Trending the trends
Tech Trends 2018: Don't miss out!
Subscribe now to receive your digital copy as soon as it's released.
Based on insight from our technology subject matter specialists, input from some of our largest clients, and discussions with industry analysts and our alliance members, we identify the top trends anticipated to have a significant impact for the CIO in the coming year and beyond. In the meantime, explore our 2017 report below to learn more.
Tech Trends 2017: The kinetic enterprise
Blink and you could miss it. The speed at which technology advances and upgrades can seem overwhelming. In the kinetic enterprise, the only constant is change. The 2017 report outlines how companies presently must sift through the promotional noise and hyperbole surrounding emerging technologies to find those solutions offering real potential. To realize that potential, they should become 'kinetic' organizations—companies with the dexterity and vision required to thrive amid ongoing technology-fueled disruption.
While the report identifies key trends that will likely revolutionize enterprise technology in the next 18-24 months, the exponentials chapter looks even farther into the future, describing four key areas that blend science and applied technologies.
This year’s trends:
- IT unbounded - The boundaries surrounding IT are fading as technology becomes integral to almost every business function and relationship.
- Dark analytics - Advances in computer vision and pattern recognition allow companies to unlock insights from unstructured data that until now, have been lost in the dark.
- Machine intelligence - Machine intelligence is helping companies make better decisions, embed complex analytics into customer and employee interactions, and—with adoption of bots and robotic process automation—automate increasingly difficult tasks.
- Mixed reality - Companies are exploring more immersive and engaging ways to combine the physical world and digital systems, creating a new, mixed reality that’s more natural, intuitive and intelligent.
- Inevitable architecture - Open standards, cloud-first designs and loosely coupled architectures are the norm in start-ups. Now, large enterprises have similar ambitions.
- Everything-as-a-service - Traditional business products are being reimagined as services as organizations modernize core systems and the technology stack.
- Blockchain: Trust economy - Blockchain is emerging as the mainstay for digital identities in the emerging trust economy.
- Exponentials watch list - Advances in disruption forces like synthetic biology, energy storage, quantum computing, and nanotech could exponentially transform the way we do business.
For prior years' Tech Trends, visit the Tech Trends Archive below.
Explore the report
Watch the videos | 2017 Tech Trends
Gain instant access to the latest Tech Trends report. The Deloitte On Technology iPad app is available now at no cost to you. It offers a rich multimedia experience on the go, complete with sharing, comment, and contact capabilities. With the app, you can:
- Access multimedia versions of the Tech Trends report content including videos and infographics
- Share your thoughts, experiences, and comments through interactive "sharing" functions
- Contact Deloitte subject matter specialists
Tech Trends library
Since 2010, Deloitte’s Tech Trends reports have explored technology trends that have the opportunity to impact organizations—across industries, geographies, and sizes. Find the reports here and experience the evolution.