Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP
Senior Vice President | Deloitte CRG
2200 Ross Ave.
Amit has more than eight years of experience with Deloitte in strategy and operations, financial performance management, financial advisory, and restructuring services. Amit has been an integral member of teams that advised debtors and unsecured creditors in reorganization situations. His responsibilities have included analyses of plans of reorganization, developing and analyzing financial models, estimating recoveries for various stakeholders in bankruptcy proceedings, evaluating financing agreements including debt covenants, and estimating lease rejection claims. In addition, Amit has assisted finance organizations of various debtors in implementing bankruptcy plans and Fresh Start Accounting.
Examples of Amit's clients include a paper and lumber company, several energy generation companies, retailers of consumer electronics, groceries, and family-clothing, a marketer of adult fashions and accessories, and a leader in high performance computing solutions.
Some of Amit's notable experience includes:
- Developed various financial models to assist clients in the implementation of Chapter 11 plans of reorganization, including balance sheet footnotes for SEC filings
- Analysis of creditor claims in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and development of models to calculate creditor recoveries by class and debtor
- Key member of team that developed the Deloitte Fresh Start Modeling Application
- Development of performance measurement and management processes and determination of key performance indicators and their impact on financial statement categories for a client preparing for an IPO
- Analysis of industry structure and competitive dynamics, specifically industry profitability and ROI analysis, and debt capacity of companies within the industry
- Development of a cost allocation model to ensure use of appropriate cost drivers in determining profitability of duty free and publishing products in the airline industry
- Conducted credit analysis of target corporate bond investments by analyzing cash flow drivers, leverage, profitability, coverage ratios, and debt structure
- Developed and maintained pro forma financial statements and peer group comparisons of portfolio companies
Prior to joining Deloitte, Amit worked in the corporate finance group of a large commercial airline and a financial institution where he was involved in preparing and analyzing annual budgets, developing metrics to track key performance indicators, divisional performance management analysis, and in the improvement of business processes for internal reporting. Amit has also worked as an analyst at an investment management firm where he was responsible for the analysis of various corporate bond issues and analyzing the privatization of public sector enterprises.
- B.B.S., University of Delhi, College of Business Studies
- M.B.A., University of Rochester, Simon School of Business