Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP
Managing Director | Deloitte CRG
100 Kimball Drive
Tony is a Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory managing director in the Corporate Restructuring Group of Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP. His primary focus is bankruptcy accounting, where he leads our Fresh Start Accounting services. He has led teams in implementing Fresh Start Accounting in some of the largest bankruptcies in US history.
In addition, Tony serves as a national resource for technical advice on bankruptcy accounting issues, with a particular focus on Fresh Start Accounting and other aspects of ASC 852. He frequently speaks on issues related to bankruptcy and accounting matters before organizations such as:
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- New Jersey State Society of CPAs
- National Association of Credit Managers
Tony's article titled, "Make It New-A Fresh Start Accounting Primer: What Debtors Need to Know in Planning for Their Emergence from Bankruptcy," was published in The Deal, May 16, 2005. He also co-authored an article with Kirk Blair entitled "Chapter 11 Sunny-side Up," which was published in Business Finance Magazine, August 2008. He has also provided assistance to debtors and creditors on various other aspects of Chapter 11 filings.
His experience also includes management of post-acquisition transition services and out-of-court financial and operational analysis of troubled companies. In addition to troubled company consulting and assistance, Tony has many years of experience in public accounting. This experience includes extensive accounting and auditing experience for large and medium-sized public and private companies in various industries. He also possesses extensive experience in merger and acquisition services, including operational and financial due diligence and consulting on acquisition and financial agreements.
Membership & Certification
- Tony is a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA), as well as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in New Jersey and New York. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Turnaround Management Association, and is president and board member of the "Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)."
- B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute