Senior Vice President | Deloitte CRG
1700 Market Street
Chet is a seasoned executive with a track record of developing and implementing effective strategies via inclusive leadership. With more than 25 years of experience, he offers thoughtful, objective perspectives, and drives cross-functional teams to achieve results. Chet has assessed and led turnaround, restructuring, and improvement initiatives across an array of industries.
Some of his notable experience includes:
- Revamped a Fortune 100 heavy equipment manufacturer's transportation and port operation processes to enable 367 percent throughput improvement and international revenue recognition reliability
- Performed strategic operations evaluation of $400+ million medical products supplier where he established sourcing focus where initial projects realized $7.1 million annually; identified and initiated closing of $20.3 million gap in product line profitability; and piloted standard components to reduce SKUs 85 percent, but provide custom offerings
- Increased productivity 21 percent at $400 million construction machinery manufacturer, where he reduced part shortages by 95 percent, eliminated lost sales due to availability, and achieved record production levels; he also cut cycles times 75 percent and established lead-times within customer expectation window
- Led a 77-person team at $900 million, 400-location distributor to generate $56+ million of operating income in 18 months, where he also standardized sales processes and improved regional pricing practices; consolidated suppliers and leveraged volume purchasing power; and centralized back-office operations and streamlined processes
- Designed and implemented one-piece flow line in locomotive main cab assembly for $5 billion manufacturer, where he also enabled takt rate of 20 cabs in five days vs. 15 cabs in seven days (+87 percent); reduced cycle time 54 percent to 2.6 days and per cab labor hours by 42 percent; and utilized 62 percent less floor space in a highly unionized environment
- Initiated strategy to grow $40+ million private restaurant chain and infrastructure without margin erosion, and grew business 26 percent in recessionary market, launched new concept, and opened three new stores
- Built Six Sigma products and capability that were purchased and implemented at numerous Fortune 500 companies, where he also enabled practice and client service growth from $0 to $28+ million with 30 percent+ margins in two years
- Assessed $220+ million apparel importer distributor where he identified and designed facility and line layout efficiencies to reduce labor requirement and generate 75+ percent improvement in operating income
- Developed Lean certification processes and directed a Fortune 150 worldwide implementation
- Enhanced resourcing and accelerated projects to reduce quality costs 65 percent for a private $20+ million auto parts manufacturer. Prioritized critical process improvements to enhance profitability, and identified leadership and management control issues inhibiting reliable improvement project flow
Prior to joining Deloitte CRG, Chet led practice development for a consulting firm specializing in operational turnarounds. He also managed international locomotive programs for a US multinational, where he earned Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Gemba Kaizen Shingijutsu certifications. Chet also led and grew a private regional restaurant chain and started his operations improvement career at Andersen Consulting.
- B.S., Princeton University