Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
Partner & National Leader | Deloitte CRG
100 Kimball Drive
Kirk serves as the national practice area leader for Bankruptcy Accounting and Compliance services within the Corporate Restructuring Group of Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory. In this capacity, he specializes in advising companies on court-required financial reporting while in Chapter 11 proceedings, managing the claim resolution process, and implementing emergence accounting requirements under Fresh Start Accounting guidance.
His experience includes:
- Preparation of court required filings such as the Schedule of Assets and Liabilities, the Statement of Financial Affairs, and the Monthly Operating Reports
- Serving as a claims management advisor in bankruptcy
- Fresh Start Accounting implementations for companies emerging from bankruptcy and execution of accounting for plan effects and Fresh Start adjustments
- Preparation of cash flow and operating projections
- Preparing/challenging business and reorganization plans
- Analysis of contract assumptions and rejections
In addition to assisting numerous debtors, Kirk has also served unsecured creditors' committees, bank lenders, and other parties-in-interest in both formal bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings, providing a full range of consulting services to clients across multiple industries.
Publications & Certifications
- Article on Fresh Start Accounting, co-authorized with Tony Sasso and entitled "Chapter 11 Sunny-side Up", was published in Business Finance Magazine in August 2008
- Kirk is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in New Jersey, New York, and Idaho. He is also a member of the New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants, the America Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Turnaround Management Association, and the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors.
- BS, Syracuse University
Latest from Kirk Blair