Partner & National Leader
100 Kimball Drive
Kirk is Deloitte Advisory’s national leader for Corporate Restructuring Group in Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP. He has more than 25 years of experience working on financial restructuring, bankruptcy reorganization, and bankruptcy accounting and compliance matters.
Kirk has assisted numerous companies through the bankruptcy process and has developed proprietary tools for the resolution of claims and the implementation of Fresh Start accounting adjustments. In addition, he has provided a wide range of consulting and accounting services to clients in a wide variety of industries. He frequently speaks on various topics including Fresh Start accounting and the impacts of changes in the United States Bankruptcy Code.
His experience includes:
- Preparation of court required filings such as the Schedule of Assets and Liabilities, the Statement of Financial Affairs, and the Monthly Operating Reports
- Serving as a claims management advisor in bankruptcy
- Fresh Start Accounting implementations for companies emerging from bankruptcy and execution of accounting for plan effects and Fresh Start adjustments
- Preparation of cash flow and operating projections
- Preparing/challenging business and reorganization plans
- Analysis of contract assumptions and rejections
In addition to assisting numerous debtors, Kirk has also served unsecured creditors' committees, bank lenders, and other parties-in-interest in both formal bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings, providing a full range of consulting services to clients across multiple industries.
Publications & Certifications
- Article on Fresh Start Accounting, co-authorized with Tony Sasso and entitled "Chapter 11 Sunny-side Up", was published in Business Finance Magazine in August 2008
- Kirk is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in New Jersey, New York, and Idaho. He is also a member of the New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants, the America Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Turnaround Management Association, and the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors.
- B.S., Syracuse University
Deloitte names new Corporate Restructuring Group leaders