Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory
Partner | Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
100 Kimball Drive
Kirk serves as a partner in Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, and is the national practice area leader for Bankruptcy Accounting and Compliance services within the Turnaround & Restructuring of Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory. In this capacity, he specializes in advising companies on court-required financial reporting while in Chapter 11 proceedings, managing the claim resolution process, and implementing emergence accounting requirements under Fresh Start Accounting guidance.
His experience includes:
- Preparation of court required filings, such as the Schedule of Assets and Liabilities, the Statement of Financial Affairs, and the Monthly Operating Reports
- Serving as a claims management adviser in bankruptcy
- Fresh Start Accounting implementations for companies emerging from bankruptcy and execution of accounting for plan effects and Fresh Start adjustments
- Preparation of cash flow and operating projections
- Preparing/challenging business and reorganization plans
- Analysis of contract assumptions and rejections
In addition to assisting numerous debtors, Kirk has also served unsecured creditors' committees, bank lenders, and other parties-in-interest in both formal bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings, providing a full range of consulting services to clients across multiple industries.
Publications and certifications
- Article on Fresh Start Accounting, co-authored with Tony Sasso and titled "Chapter 11 Sunny-side Up," was published in Business Finance Magazine in August 2008
- Kirk is a certified public accountant (CPA) licensed in New Jersey, New York, and Idaho. He is also a member of the New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants, the America Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Turnaround Management Association, and the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors.
- BS, Syracuse University
Latest from Kirk Blair
Creating value through working capital
Why now is a great time to unlock cash
Optimizing working capital to strengthen cash positions