Kathryn B. McGlynn
Senior Vice President | Deloitte CRG
New York - National Office
30 Rockefeller Plaza, 41st Floor
Kathryn has more than 14 years of experience as a financial advisor in distressed and bankrupt situations, with a primary focus advising unsecured creditor committees (UCC) and senior lenders.
A few notable engagements include:
- Served as the financial advisors to the unsecured creditors’ committee of a precious metals mining and exploration enterprise where she analyzed the Debtors’ cash flow forecasts and assisted with the sale process of their non-operating mines
- Advised the unsecured creditors’ committee of a gold mining company where she monitored their cash flow usage and operations, reviewed their business plan for feasibility, and oversaw and augmented the sale process
- Served as the financial advisors to the unsecured creditors’ committee of a for-profit college where she monitored various asset sales, evaluated other potential sources of recovery, participated in the Plan of Reorganization development to provide maximum benefit for the unsecured creditors, and monitored the company’s wind-down process
- Advised the unsecured creditors’ committee of bunker fuel company which was the subsidiary of a Danish parent, where she reviewed asset sales and receivables to help preserve the US assets and monitored the company’s wind-down process
- Served as the financial advisors to the unsecured creditors’ committee of a copper, molybdenum, and silver mining company, which was a subsidiary of a Canadian company that also had Mexican assets, where she monitored Debtors’ cash management system to provide that cash related to the domestic entities remained within the US, conducted detailed analyses of their actual cash flows compared to budget as well as reviewed updated cash flow forecasts for achievability, monitored copper, molybdenum, and silver price fluctuations as well as projections, and reviewed the sale process being conducted by the Debtors’ investment banker
- Hired by the secured lender in a distressed situation to perform a feasibility analysis of their borrower’s three-year projections and review of historical financial results and assisted the lender in preparing a debt restructuring plan
- Kathryn is a member of the board of directors for the Turnaround Management Association, NY Chapter and the vice president of programming. She is also a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, and a CIRA candidate.
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin