Global Leader | Deloitte Corporate Finance Advisory
CEO | Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
650 S. Tryon Street
Based in Charlotte, Phil is the CEO of Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF) in the U.S and serves as the Global Leader of Deloitte Corporate Finance. Prior to joining DCF, he served as a Managing Director and co-founding Partner at McColl Partners. Phil has served as a lead advisor for the sale or acquisition mandates of numerous companies in each of the following industries: human resource services, outsourced software, postsecondary education, corporate training, community banking, and consumer finance, among others. Previously, he was at Bowles Hollowell Conner/First Union Securities and Lehman Brothers.
- Advisor to Drake Software, a leading tax software provider, on its sale to CINVEN.
- Advisor to MC2, a leading event marketing service provider, on its sale to MCH Group.
- Advisor to Consolidated Claims Group, a leading insurance claims services provider, on its recapitalization with Carousel Capital.
- Advisor to Execu|Search Group, a leading recruitment and staffing company, on its recapitalization with New Heritage Capital.
- Advisor to The Medicus Firm, a leading healthcare staffing firm, on its sale to M3 USA.
- Advisor to Partners in Leadership, a premier provider of accountability and culture change training services, on its recapitalization with Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney, & Company, Inc.
- Advisor to J.S. Held, Inc., a leader in the property insurance and loss consulting market, on its recapitalization with Lovell Minnick Partners LLC.
- Advisor to IQNavigator, Inc., a leading provider of contingent workforce solutions, on the divestiture of its managed services provider division to MSX International, Inc.
- Advisor to ArcaTech Systems, a global provider of cash automation and payment technologies, on its acquisition of CTS Electronics S.p.A.
- Advisor to VitalSmarts, LC, a leader in the global corporate training and leadership development market, on its recapitalization with an affiliate of Providence Equity Partners LLC.
Professional and Personal Affiliations
- Member and former President of ACG Charlotte.
- Trustee of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Georgia and the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Iowa.
- Former Trustee and Board Chairman of Trinity Episcopal School.
- Trustee of Charlotte Latin School.
Education & Certifications
- University of Chicago, the Booth School of Business: MBA, Finance and Accounting (with highest honors)
- University of Virginia: BA, Economics
- Series 7, 24 and 63 Investment Banking Representative and General Securities Principal