Robert P. Rakowski
Senior Vice President | Deloitte CRG
City Place I
185 Asylum St.
Robert is a corporate finance and strategic restructuring executive with more than 20 years of experience working with companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to private equity owned middle-market US companies. Over the course of his career, he has led cross-functional business transformations and implemented operational turnarounds, increased shareholder value, closed financings, and crafted viable business plans.
Prior to joining Deloitte, Robert served as chief financial officer (CFO) at a $120 million privately held rail service company and an executive director at a $1.3 billion private equity finance company, where he managed portfolio investments across numerous industries including behavioral healthcare, commercial construction, casual dining, freight & transportation services, home furnishings, medical/healthcare products and services, packaging, recycling, roadway services, and server racks.
Some of his other notable experience includes:
- Turned-around California’s largest traffic services company as chairman; led in-court financial restructuring and oversaw operational turnaround efforts to grow revenues 30 percent and EBITDA from break-even to $7 million
- Spearheaded value generating actions including: cash management, cost reduction, debt/equity recapitalization, financial restructuring, implementation of reporting metrics, loan waiver/ amendment negotiation, marketing & sales management, mediation, mergers, revenue lift, and strategic repositioning
- Held board seats and board observation rights at portfolio companies and played an advisory role to chief executive officers (CEOs), CFOs, and investors
- Managed international treasury for companies ranging from a Wall Street brokerage to a $500 million automotive products manufacturer
- Oversight of $24 million clean energy venture capital funds, including due diligence and sale of fund positions
- Drafted the business case for a multi-billion dollar leveraged roll-up of industrial products dealerships
- Set development and implementation strategy for a $100 million customer relation management (CRM) system for a Big 3 automotive OEM; included piloting data-sharing across auto and lending divisions, as well as individualized marketing programs
- Professionally served on industry award-winning turnaround teams
- BS, St. Michael’s College
- MBA, Dartmouth College