Todd M. Patnode
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP
Managing Director | Deloitte CRG
2200 Ross Ave.
Todd provides professional services related to corporate recovery, crisis management, valuation, mergers and acquisitions, and transaction advisory to parties in a broad variety of distressed corporate settings, with an emphasis on the US health care industry.
Todd has completed numerous engagements for the purpose of acquisition and divestiture pricing, financial feasibility, litigation, bankruptcy reorganization, loan workouts, and operational turnarounds. In this capacity, Todd has represented private and public companies, not-for-profit institutions, providers, secured creditors, unsecured creditors' committees, bond insurance companies, governmental entities, trustees, examiners, and other parties in interest.
Several notable health care engagements include:
- Served as restructuring advisor to the secured bondholder group in connection with the Chapter 11 proceedings of Forum Health, a $450 million three-hospital system based in northeast Ohio
- Served as restructuring advisor and valuation expert to a large bank in Puerto Rico in connection with its loan to a large privately-held health system in Puerto Rico
- Retained by secured lenders in connection with the Chapter 11 bankruptcy and ultimate sale of a $400 million national operator of long-term care facilities
- Retained to provide financial advisory and expert testimony services to the US Department of Justice related to its multibillion dollar environmental/reclamation claims associated with the Chapter 11 of Asarco LLC
Prior to joining Deloitte, Todd was a director of a national boutique crisis management and restructuring firm, a managing director at a large professional services firm with a particular emphasis in the health care industry, and a director in the Business Recovery Services group of a Big Four accounting/consulting firm. In addition, Todd was a member of the firm's Corporate Valuation Group, as well he completed fairness opinions of health care systems transactions, fixed and intangible asset valuations of multi-industry companies, and financial feasibility studies for their inclusion into multiple bond offerings.
- Todd is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Turnaround Management Association, and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- B.A., W. Paul Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University