Casos de estudio
Harnessing digital disruption to inspire engagement, preference, loyalty
Reinventing client, customer interactions
Deloitte's powerful cross-member firm capabilities deliver a variety of disruptive digital products that bring clients' visions to life and drive bottom-line results.
When the internal efforts of a leading manufacturer and distributor of life science research and clinical diagnostic products needed a boost in developing a more-effective e-commerce platform, it turned to Deloitte Consulting LLP (Deloitte U.S.) to incorporate e-commerce into its marketing and sales channels. "The client wanted a stronger online presence to be more competitive and satisfy customers' requirements. They decided an informed, outside perspective could help them take their work to the next level," explains John Maddalon, Life Sciences Partner, Deloitte Services—Market Development, Deloitte Consulting LLP (Deloitte U.S.).
Deloitte's team developed a business case, an online strategy, and a three-year Web platform roadmap. The team ultimately delivered four major releases to build the client's e-commerce channel; internationalized all Web systems; and created competitive, state-of-the-art business-to-customer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) capabilities to serve more than 150 countries and territories. Deloitte continues to work with the client to extend the channel and increase sales.
Today, the client's online revenue is up sharply. Half of its orders are placed online compared to 20 percent before Deloitte's involvement. And the average order value has increased more than 25 percent. "When we got the opportunity to help, we showed their leaders how Deloitte's knowledge of the market, technical expertise, and project management discipline could help the company grow global online revenues in its B2C and B2B markets," Maddalon says. "The proof is in the results."
An agency and consultancy
Royston Seaward, Partner, Digital Proposition, Deloitte UK, believes Deloitte has an advantage providing digital solutions because it functions as both an agency and a consultancy. "A digital presence without an integrated digital strategy is like having a fancy storefront with no business plan," he says. "We combine leading digital and creative capabilities with the deep industry knowledge and experience Deloitte is known for. Deloitte member firms help clients bring a new business vision to life and drive the bottom-line results they need."
Deloitte has used its powerful cross-member firm digital capabilities to deliver a variety of disruptive digital products for clients during the past year. They included:
- An industry-first digital engagement platform for AssureStart, an online provider of business owner's insurance policies launched in November 2013. "We wanted to make the purchase of a small business insurance as easy as downloading a new song," says Greg Tacchetti, AssureStart's chief executive officer. "Deloitte Digital took the challenge head on and the result speaks for itself."
- Aegon's new Retiready digital service that allows UK consumers to determine their financial readiness for retirement. It includes easy-to-understand tools and digital coaching that let people take control of their futures. "Aegon had a vision for a groundbreaking, direct-to-consumer pension proposition that would provide customers a simple, reassuring, and engaging experience in a market where surveys show 93 percent of people are not ready for retirement," says Sam Roddick, EMEA Lead, Deloitte Digital, Deloitte UK. "With Deloitte Digital’s help, Aegon transformed their concept into a market-disrupting reality in just nine months.”
- A multi-platform digital solution that helped Fox Sports stream the Super Bowl live across desktops, tablets and mobile devices. More than a million viewers shifted from traditional television to online viewing, making the National Football League's championship game the largest live, streamed sports event ever.
"Our unique combination of skills gives us the insight needed to re-imagine and integrate solutions that can create impact for Deloitte's clients," Seaward says. "It's not enough for businesses to 'be digital.' It's about using digital technology to inspire engagement, preference, and loyalty."
In this report, the terms Deloitte, our, we, and us are used to refer to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) network of member firms or to one or more DTTL member firms. See additional information.
[Caption]: Photo on left: Deloitte Digital team from Deloitte Japan
Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; Digital Strategy Consulting; Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory estimates. © 2013 Kennedy Information LLC, Reproduced under license.
Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; IT Strategy Consulting: Mobile Technologies; Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory estimates. © 2013 Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license
Read more Disruption: Leading the Pack stories:
- Data analytics lead to transformative, decisive action: Deloitte pioneers
- Leading cyber risk management in a smaller, more perilous world: A secure, vigilant, and resilient approach
- Anticipate to succeed—leading predictive analytics: Critically important tool forecasts outcomes
- Connecting clients with the world's brightest minds: Deloitte leads innovation
- Return to Global Report home