Surviving and thriving in uncertainty | Deloitte | Risk, ERM, Finance, Services has been added to your bookmarks.
Surviving and thriving in uncertainty
Creating the Risk Intelligent Enterprise
The ability for businesses to survive and thrive often requires unconventional thinking and calculated risk-taking. The key is to make the right decisions — even under the most risky, uncertain and turbulent conditions.
“Surviving and Thriving in Uncertainty is must reading for executives and organizations hoping to prosper in tough times. Interesting and provocative, this book clearly demonstrates that while effective market transparency and oversight are important, we must also restore responsible risk-taking in order to power our enterprise economy forward.”
—Thomas J. Donohue, President and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Based on their combined decades of experience as practitioners, consultants and advisors to numerous business professionals throughout the world, Funston and Wagner discuss the adoption of 10 essential and practical skills, which will improve agility, resilience and realize benefits:
- Challenging basic business assumptions can help identify "Black Swans" and provide first-mover advantage
- Defining the corporate risk appetite and risk tolerances can help reduce the risk of ruin
- Anticipating potential causes of failure can improve chances of survival and success through improved preparedness
- Factoring in velocity and momentum can improve speed of response and recovery
- Verifying sources and the reliability of information can improve insights for decision making and thus decision quality
- Taking a longer-term perspective can aid in identifying the potential unintended consequences of short-term decisions
This book is available to order from:
- Barnes & Noble (Barnesandnoble.com)
- 800 CEO Read