Deloitte named a global leader in Strategy Business Consulting by IDC MarketScape
New York, NY, USA, 10 March 2017– Deloitte announced today that International Data Corporation (IDC) has named it as a global leader in Strategy Business Consulting in their report entitled IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Strategy Business Consulting Services 2016 Vendor Assessment¹. The IDC MarketScape recognizes Deloitte as a leader based on capabilities and strategies.
Specifically, for Deloitte, the report noted, “Overall, clients worldwide consider Deloitte to be the most capable firm at challenging corporate culture and delivering value-creating innovation.”
IDC MarketScape is a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the marketplace and help anticipate the vendor's ascendancy. The report assesses the capability and business strategy of the leading business consulting firms.
"The need for strategic consulting has extended ‘down,’ below the rarified air of the C-suite, to become the urgent requirement at the group, division, and department levels. At this level, the urgency for action remains high, and the span of control is more compact — allowing for greater flexibility and agility in decision making," said Cushing Anderson, Program Vice President, Project-Based Services research at IDC.
- “For strategy consulting, Deloitte is considered to be the strongest firm at transferring knowledge to its clients.”
- “In addition, clients view Deloitte as being among one of the most capable of all firms at leveraging appropriate technologies into engagements, integrating its teams with those of the client, maximizing project value, and providing a high quality of service.”
- “Deloitte is also seen as one of the best firms at understanding the unique needs of the client's business and supporting change across the organization. A director from the construction sector commented that his Deloitte engagement had ‘a very strong team leader and dedicated resources that enabled timely results.’"
- “According to IDC analysis and buyer perception, Deloitte is a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for strategy business consulting services worldwide.”
- “Of all the vendors assessed in this IDC MarketScape, Deloitte houses the largest business consultancy by revenue and head count. Deloitte maintains offices in more than 150 countries.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
¹IDC, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Strategy Business Consulting Services 2016 Vendor Assessment,” (Doc # US40634216) by Cushing Anderson, July 2016.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360 degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 245,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.