Managing Director | Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
550 S. Tryon Street
Based in Charlotte, Lou is a managing director with Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF). Prior to joining DCF, Lou served as head of McColl Partners, LLC's Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporate Finance Group. His transaction experience includes structuring change-of-control management buyouts, employee-based leveraged buyouts, and sell-side mergers and acquisitions. Lou has worked in numerous sectors including business services, consumer products, health care, and industrial and building products. Previously, Lou was a managing director at a nationally recognized investment bank where he oversaw the firm's national ESOP market initiatives and the conceptual development of ESOP corporate finance. He was also the director of the Washington, D.C. office of a national financial advisory services firm and a financial advisor with the United States government.
- Advisor to Appleton Papers Acquisition Corp in largest 100 percent ESOP purchase in US*
- Advisor to Boat America in sale of its retail division to West Marine and subsequent sale of 100 percent of equity to ESOP*
- Advisor to Blue Heron Paper in buyout of KPS Equity Fund equity by Blue Heron ESOP*
- Advisor to Copper Range Company in Management/ESOP buyout of 100 percent interest held by Louisiana Land and Exploration*
- Advisor to Alion Corporation ESOP buyout of Illinois Institute of Technology (IITRI) 100 percent equity ownership interest*
- Advisor to Heartland Dental in multiple stage ESOP purchases of founder shareholder equity ownership stake*
- Advisor to Scooter Store Corporation in ESOP recapitalization and capital raise
- Advisor to Turner Industries in strategic alternatives initiative that raised $400 million of capital for shareholder liquidity purposes
- Advisor to Aspen Systems Inc. in the Management/ESOP buyout of Wolters Klure of 100 percent equity ownership stake*
- Advisor to ARAMARK in recapitalization of employee shareholder and institutional equity interests*
- Advisor to Muehlstein Corp. in its Management/ESOP buyout of company from Mobile Oil*
- Advisor to WaWa Corporation in the development and transactional execution of its employee ownership initiative*
- Advisor to Scitor Corporation in its 100 percent Management/ESOP buyout of founder equity*
- Member of Chartered Financial Analysts Designation (CFA)
- Member of The National ESOP Association
Education & Certifications
- American University, Kogod School of Business: BS
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, MBA
*References an engagement that was performed by individual prior to joining DCF.
Transactions presented may include transactions for which DCF professionals provided services while employed at McColl Partners LLC.