Business Services Leader
Managing Director, Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
550 S. Tryon Street
Based in Charlotte, Phil is a managing director with Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF). Phil leads DCF's Business Services Group. Prior to joining DCF, he served as a managing director and co-founding partner at McColl Partners LLC and led the firm's Financial and Business Services Group. Phil has served as a lead advisor for the sale or acquisition mandates of numerous companies in each of the following industries: human resource services, outsourced software, postsecondary education, corporate training, community banking, and consumer finance, among others. Previously, he was at Bowles Hollowell Conner/First Union Securities and Lehman Brothers.
- Advisor to Bankers Healthcare Group, Inc., a leading full-service commercial loan provider to healthcare professionals nationwide, in its minority investment from Pinnacle Bank, a subsidiary of Pinnacle Financial Partners, Inc.
- Advisor to ArcaTech Systems, LLC, a global leader in cash automation and payment technologies, on its acquisition of CTS Electronics S.P.A. and five related entities, collectively a global provider of cash, check, and card automation technologies based in Ivrea, Italy
- Advisor to IQNavigator, Inc., a portfolio company of GTCR LLC, on the sale of its managed services provider division to MSX International Inc.
- Advisor to VitalSmarts, LC, a global corporate training and leadership development firm, on its sale to PCDHC, a subsidiary of Providence Equity Partners
- Advisor to Pinnacle Mortgage, a mortgage banking firm, on its sale to Universal American Mortgage, the mortgage banking subsidiary of Lennar Corporation
- Advisor to The Delta Companies, a provider of healthcare staffing services, on its sale to Mitsui & Co.
- Advisor to General Information Services, a leading talent acquisition and onboarding solutions provider, on its strategic alternatives review and senior debt financing
- Advisor to Career Step, a leading online training company, on its recapitalization with DW Healthcare Partners and BB&T Capital Partners
- Advisor to Omega Training, a leading defense staffing and training company, on its sale to Cubic Corporation
- Advisor to Bryant & Stratton College, an established postsecondary school, in its recapitalization with Parthenon Capital Partners
- Advisor to esmartloan.com, a leading online mortgage company, on its sale to Capital One
- Member and former President of ACG Charlotte
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Trinity Episcopal School
- Serves on the Board of Directors of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Western North Carolina
Education & Certifications
- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business: MBA, Finance and Accounting
- University of Virginia: BA, Economics
Transactions presented may include transactions for which DCF professionals provided services while employed at McColl Partners LLC.
Financial Services M&A update: Q4 2016
Business Services M&A update: Q4 2016