Business Services Leader
Managing Director, Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
550 S. Tryon Street
Based in Charlotte, Phil is a managing director with Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF). Phil leads DCF's Business Services Group. Prior to joining DCF, he served as a managing director and co-founding partner at McColl Partners LLC and led the firm's Financial and Business Services Group. Phil has served as a lead advisor for the sale or acquisition mandates of numerous companies in each of the following industries: human resource services, outsourced software, postsecondary education, corporate training, community banking, and consumer finance, among others. Previously, he was at Bowles Hollowell Conner/First Union Securities and Lehman Brothers.
- Advisor to Bankers Healthcare Group, Inc., a leading full-service commercial loan provider to healthcare professionals nationwide, in its minority investment from Pinnacle Bank, a subsidiary of Pinnacle Financial Partners, Inc.
- Advisor to ArcaTech Systems, LLC, a global leader in cash automation and payment technologies, on its acquisition of CTS Electronics S.P.A. and five related entities, collectively a global provider of cash, check, and card automation technologies based in Ivrea, Italy
- Advisor to IQNavigator, Inc., a portfolio company of GTCR LLC, on the sale of its managed services provider division to MSX International Inc.
- Advisor to VitalSmarts, LC, a global corporate training and leadership development firm, on its sale to PCDHC, a subsidiary of Providence Equity Partners
- Advisor to Pinnacle Mortgage, a mortgage banking firm, on its sale to Universal American Mortgage, the mortgage banking subsidiary of Lennar Corporation
- Advisor to The Delta Companies, a provider of healthcare staffing services, on its sale to Mitsui & Co.
- Advisor to General Information Services, a leading talent acquisition and onboarding solutions provider, on its strategic alternatives review and senior debt financing
- Advisor to Career Step, a leading online training company, on its recapitalization with DW Healthcare Partners and BB&T Capital Partners
- Advisor to Omega Training, a leading defense staffing and training company, on its sale to Cubic Corporation
- Advisor to Bryant & Stratton College, an established postsecondary school, in its recapitalization with Parthenon Capital Partners
- Advisor to esmartloan.com, a leading online mortgage company, on its sale to Capital One
- Member and former President of ACG Charlotte
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Trinity Episcopal School
- Serves on the Board of Directors of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Western North Carolina
Education & Certifications
- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business: MBA, Finance and Accounting
- University of Virginia: BA, Economics
Transactions presented may include transactions for which DCF professionals provided services while employed at McColl Partners LLC.
Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC advised The Medicus Firm LLC in its sale to M3 USA, a subsidiary of M3, Inc.