Effective 1 July 2020, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) announced the increase of the Value added Tax (VAT) rate. Following this announcement, many developments such as the introduction of Real Estate Transaction Tax (RETT), e-Invoicing, penalty amnesty, and the merger of the Customs authorities with the tax authorities took place during the year.
Given all recent updates, Deloitte held a webinar on Wednesday, 14 July, 2021 where our KSA Indirect Tax specialists will explore the following topics:
- e-Invoicing readiness check;
- RETT - Challenges (BOOT projects/ input VAT recovery/ Indirect transfer of shares) and wish list from the final law to be published;
- ZATCA’s approach to the VAT assessments and litigations, and risk mitigation steps;
- Latest development in Customs and global trade matters including audit trends for KSA; and
- Customs implications from and e-Invoicing perspective.