D-180 digital mentoring program
Terms and conditions of entry
D-180 is a digital mentoring program that targets university graduates in their first few years in the workforce as well as high school, college students across the Middle East and Cyprus to provide them with mentoring and real work exposure to Deloitte volunteer professionals (“the program”).
By submitting a mentee application, you agree to these Terms.
This program is run and managed by Deloitte and Touche (M.E). (“Deloitte”).
TAKING PART IN THIS PROGRAM
- Details of mentee profile are available at www.deloitte.com/D-180
- By entering, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in the application is true, accurate and complete. Deloitte reserves the right to verify any information available in your application.
- Deloitte shall act in its absolute discretion when deciding which applicants are to take part in the program.
- If you are chosen, Deloitte will notify you and reach out for furtherinformation, if needed.
- Deloitte reserves the right, at any time, to terminate the mentoringrelationship with the participant, such as but not limited to, your absence during pre-set sessions and lack of engagement.
- Your information will only be processed for the purpose of the program. By entering this program you have also provided us with your explicit consent to reproduce and publish your information, photographs, images, and any videos and other audio-visual or written material and documents submitted by you in relation to this program, including your entry. Deloitte will use your information to administer the program, for example: promoting and advertising the program (including use of information in printed and online publications, editorial and PR activities, on internal and external communications).
- You acknowledge that in the process of offering our mentoring to you that the information supplied by you to Deloitte for the program may be disclosed to and used by Deloitte’s personnel and selected third party partner organizations and/or published in the publications determined by Deloitte, subject to compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
- By submitting your details, and by accepting the Terms & Conditions and ticking the appropriate consent box, you are indicating your consent to Deloitte processing your personal data, and any other personal data you submit, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation as and where applicable.
Privacy Notice for the D-180 mentoring program
Deloitte Middle East ("Deloitte", ‘DME’ or "we") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This notice is aimed at informing you of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the D-180 Digital Mentoring Program, and how long it will usually be retained for.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection laws and as such your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of data we hold about you
In connection with your application, we will collect, store, and use the personal data about you as they appear on the digital application form:
- The data you have provided on our application form, including name, email, country and city, mobile number, personal email address, employment situation, qualifications, education, languages,
- Any data you provide to us at a later stage once on boarded.
How we will use data about you
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
- Assess your qualifications, and suitability for the Program.
- Communicate with you about the Program details.
- Keep records related to our mentoring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We need to process your personal data to decide whether to consider you for in the Program.
How we use particulary sensitive personal data
We will use your particularly sensitive personal data in the following ways:
- We will only collect and process photographs and videos about you for the needs of the program and for internal or external use and only upon receiving your prior explicit consent.
- Automated decision-making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
- Data sharing
We may share your personal data for the purposes of processing your application with the Deloitte Network, third-party service providers and other entities in the group. All parties are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Data retention
We retain your personal data for as long as they are useful for the purpose they were initially collected. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our data retention policy.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to review, verify or correct your personal data, request erasure of your personal data, please send an email to email@example.com.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw the consent you gave us in relation to the collection and processing of photographs and videos at any time. To withdraw your consent, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing the withdrawal of your consent. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
- You acknowledge and accept that you may be photographed, filmed or recorded by Deloitte in respect of the program and you hereby consent to Deloitte using any such pictures, films or recording for internal and external use and will follow any reasonable instructions or directions given by Deloitte in respect of any such
photography, filming or recording.
- Subject to Deloitte’s prior approval, you may take part in any marketing or promotional activity or make any press announcements, including on social media, relating to the program.
- You may not use Deloitte’s name, logo or trademark or any other intellectual property rights of Deloitte or any member of Deloitte’s group of companies without Deloitte’s prior consent.
- These Terms shall take precedence to all other information about the program.
- Deloitte reserves the right to amend these Terms without notice at any time.
- You agree to enter this program at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Deloitte excludes all liability to you, your personnel and any third party and Deloitte shall not be liable to you and any third party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential: (i) losses; (ii) liabilities; (iii) damages, and/or fines, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with the program whether in contract, tort, statute or otherwise.
- Deloitte is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the program and also for injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this program or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the program, Website, as solely determined by Deloitte, will be disqualified.
- Deloitte will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the support or participation in the program.
- The Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be brought to a court of competent jurisdiction in Lebanon and subject to the Lebanese laws.
- If you have any questions about these Terms, please email email@example.com