VAT and the Education sector seminar in the UAE
The Deloitte Value Added Tax (VAT) team are pleased to invite you to attend our upcoming industry awareness seminar on VAT and the Education Sector in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) taking place in Dubai on Tuesday November 13th 2018.
We are 9 months on from the implementation of VAT in the UAE, and now is an appropriate juncture for businesses in the education sector to review their compliance processes and consider whether practical positions taken in response to technical uncertainties remain appropriate.
We would be delighted to invite you to attend this interactive session to share your thoughts on the latest VAT developments in the UAE and to discuss the key VAT challenges being faced by the education industry.
Please join us for a select seminar with our VAT Education experts who will share their insights on a range of current VAT topics including:
- Supplies of student, faculty and other staff accommodation in the context of the recent FTA Public Clarification;
- Input tax apportionment when exempt supplies of student transport or accommodation are provided;
- Input tax recovery on costs associated with research or grant income,
- A discussion of the VAT implications of staff benefits, including medical insurance provided to family members;
- An update on recent FTA publications, including VAT recovery on ‘entertainment’ costs and the issues this may present to the education industry; and
- Effective VAT management within your business.
We look forward to seeing you at the event.
Dates and locations
Tuesday November 13, 2018
08:30 am until 1:00 pm, followed by lunch.
Attendance is free of charge
The venue will be communicated in the confirmation email.
To register as an attendee, please click here