GCC Powers of Construction 2014 has been saved
GCC Powers of Construction 2014
Are you ready for the recovery?
This is the fifth publication in its series and the only one of its kind amongst the Financial Services Industry in the Middle East.
The GCC Powers of Construction report is produced based on data gathered from surveys and internal data, supported by interviews with some of the most prominent industry leaders from the region.
This issue focuses on the positive sentiment in the construction industry and positive developments in awarding some mega and social infrastructure projects across key markets in the Middle East. The industry seems to be out of the recession and into recovery mode. So the big question remains: “Are you ready for the construction recovery?”
In addition, the 2014 issue includes interviews with four major GCC construction companies on the different trends that are facing the industry, as well the key role they are playing in realizing their corresponding countries’ visions and aspirations.
This year’s GCC Powers of Construction report includes:
- Msheireb Properties interview
Developing communities which encourage social interaction, respect for culture and achieve sustainable living
- Arabtec interview
A market overview: opportunities and challenges
- Roots Group interview
A view of the Saudi construction sector from the material supply side
- Qatar Rail interview
Transforming Qatar’s public transportation system to world-class levels
- Infrastructure and social infrastructure spend and the challenges around these projects
- Combatting fraud in the construction sector
- SMARTer construction
How the GCC’s mega-projects need to learn post-2008
- Plan, plan and plan again
Are you a market leader or follower?
- Is your schedule right?
- What does good look like in effective project delivery?
- Project controls
The heart of the successful delivery of any capital project
- Capital offence
The need for discipline in Middle Eastern energy and resources projects
- How do you keep track of the assets you built once operational?
A question of value
In addition to the publication, you can download and read a detailed construction sector overview including forecasts, mega project details, and macro-economic data.
According to Middle East Economic Digest (MEED) the value of projects planned or underway in the GCC are up over 13% compared to a year ago (8 April 2014).
- Saudi Arabia leads the way with over US$1T worth of projects planned or currently underway, this is up nearly 19% compared to a year ago.
- The UAE comes in second with over US$727B worth of projects planned or currently underway, up 9% compared to a year ago.
- With over US$276B Qatar comes in third, an increase of over 17% compared to a year ago.
- Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain round up the rest of the GCC countries with US$202B, US$150B and US$55B respectively.