Global Tax Developments Quarterly
Accounting for Income Taxes
Global Tax Developments Quarterly—Accounting for Income Taxes is issued on quarterly basis and provides a user-friendly source of global tax information that may be considered in conjunction with accounting for income taxes under US GAAP. It generally includes a brief summary of major international income tax developments and provides a summary of combined tax rates applicable in several key jurisdictions and the dates of enactment of rate changes, if applicable, under US GAAP. The publication also contains select sample financial statement disclosures that may be considered relevant to accounting for income taxes. It is not intended to be a comprehensive analysis of the items addressed, either from a tax technical or tax accounting perspective.
Global Tax Developments—Accounting for Income Taxes (Q2 2018)
This issue of Global Tax Developments Quarterly includes:
- A brief summary of major international income tax law changes enacted during the period April 1, 2018, to June 30, 2018,
- A brief summary of major international income tax law changes enacted prior to April 1, 2018, and effective in the period April 1, 2018, to June 30, 2018,
- Certain developments in tax law in the "On the Horizon" section that were not promulgated as of June 30, 2018, but may, in certain cases, be promulgated in the near future,
- A "Did You Know" section that includes additional global income tax developments that may need to be considered, and
- As of June 30, 2018, (unless specified otherwise), a summary of combined tax rates applicable in several key jurisdictions, the related dates of enactment (for US GAAP purposes) of certain income tax rate changes and supplemental information with respect to certain taxing jurisdictions.