Whitepaper series: Value Added Tax in Bahrain
Regional requirements, local adaptations
Deloitte is pleased to launch a Whitepaper on the Bahrain Value Added Tax (VAT) regime which took effect on 1 January 2019.
The implementation, which applied a 5% VAT to the sale and purchase of most goods and services in Bahrain poses certain challenges which taxpayers need to come to terms with. In order to understand the impact of these challenges, it is useful to reflect on the implementation of VAT in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
Deloitte has therefore published a whitepaper designed to help businesses in Bahrain understand the impact of VAT and how their business processes will be affected according to their specific industry.
Some of the challenges that are to be replicated in Bahrain that the whitepaper cover include:
- Major systems, accounting, and commercial change
- Impact on all aspects of the operations of business
- Publication of the Bahrain VAT Law and Regulations
- Understanding the nature of the implementation process
- VAT registration
- Lessons learned from previous VAT implementations