Successful management will require significant change and strategic risk management – from adjusting legal contracts and updating systems and operational processes, to carefully managing risk profiles and changing financial models and the impact on reporting.
In our webinar on reference rate reform, our industry leaders and Deloitte subject matter experts unpacked the developments in the interest rate benchmark rate reforms within the South African context, as well as the expected impact on your organisation.
We also shared insights from global reform programmes and had a look at how regulators will ensure transition and adoption of new reference rates globally.
The purpose of the presentation is to provide an overview of the reference rate reforms, both internationally and what will follow for JIBAR in the South African context.
More specifically the webinar opened with a presentation covering the following topics/themes:
- International key milestones and events as it relates to the LIBOR reforms;
- The replacement rates and the key differences to LIBOR rates;
- Timeline of the South African interest rate benchmark journey;
- How to prepare for the transition;
- What needs to be in place to be ready to transition from the current reference rates to the new reference rates; and
- Key challenges that may be encountered during the preparation and transition process.
Insurers, investment managers and other non-financial corporates.