Mergers and Acquisitions has been saved
Mergers and Acquisitions
Insightful tax considerations on debt restructuring and group reorganization
Deloitte School of Tax is pleased to invite you to an online workshop focusing on insightful tax considerations on debt restructuring and group reorganization.
How debt restructuring is achieved?
- Conversion of debt to equity
- Debt waivers or forgiveness
- Sale of distressed debt
- Repayment period extension
- Thin capitalization considerations
- WHT implications on the accrued interest
- Taxation and deductibility of foreign exchange gains/ losses on the loan
- Compensating tax implications
- Tax implications on the redemption of shares
- Deemed interest and deemed dividend implications
- Impact of minimum tax on capital restructuring
- Tax implications of debt waivers/ forgiveness – CGT or WHT?
Compliance requirements under the Companies Act
- Ordinary shares v preference shares
- Requirements for issuance and redemption of shares
General group restructuring
- Business tax and CGT implications on transfer of assets
- Thin capitalization
- Treatment of tax losses and tax overpayments
- VAT implications on transfer of assets and business
- Stamp duty implications
- Competition authority requirements
- Requirements under the Transfer of Business Act
- Transfer of employee
- Transfer of contracts and operational licenses
- Notification to KRA and tax deregistration
Date: Thursday, 26 November 2020
Time: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Venue: Zoom Webinar (Kindly install the Zoom meeting web app)
Fees: KES 13,680 per person (Inclusive of VAT)Register Now
Benefits of the training programme
- Building expertise and harmony between various departmental units including HR, Payroll and Finance;
- Improved performance and tax compliance;
- Upon completion of the course, you will receive a Deloitte - branded certificate. CPD points will be awarded to all trainees, which can then be redeemed from the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
The target audience for this course are:
- Finance and Tax professionals
- Legal professionals
- Business development professionals
You can make your payment via Mpesa, Bank to Bank, or Pesalink (below see payment instructions). Once you make the payment kindly share the proof of payment via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Webinar link shall only be shared with you once payment and proof of payment is received.
Mpesa to ABSA Deloitte Account
- Open your Mpesa Menu then select Lipa na Mpesa
- Choose Paybill Option
- Enter Business Number as 303030 (303030 is ABSA Bank Paybill Number)
- For the Account Number enter 0736000466.
- Enter the amount.
- Enter your Mpesa pin and Confirm the transaction
Bank to Bank and Pesalink
Recipient Name: Deloitte & Touche
Account number: 0736000466
Sort code: BARCKENX
We look forward to hosting you.
Should you have any inquiries, please reach out to:
Deloitte School of Tax
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari,
P. O. Box 40092 - GPO 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel/Direct: +254 (0)20 423 0000; 020 423 0143