Compliance and Regulatory Workshop for the Financial Services Industry (Bank and Insurance Companies) has been saved
Compliance and Regulatory Workshop for the Financial Services Industry (Bank and Insurance Companies)
14 March 2018 Nairobi
The Financial Services industry is subject to a number of regulatory and compliance requirements including the need to comply with the Banking Act, Insurance Act, Company’s Act, Tax legislations as well as reporting requirements under FATCA.
These regulations are dynamic and unless one keeps abreast with the changes taking place in these fronts, there is a risk of falling foul of the regulations. In order to bring the players in the industry up to speed with the regulatory and compliance issues facing the industry, we are holding a two day workshop covering the following areas:
- The basics of FATCA;
- Compliance by Financial institutions;
- Reporting requirements by Financial institutions;
- Intergovernmental agreements; and
- Compliance challenges.
open in new window Register Now
- Registration of Taxpayers, change in particulars and deregistration;
- Taxpayers’ representatives and their obligations;
- Limitations on performance of services for Taxpayers;
- Tax Returns including extension of time to submit Returns;
- Tax assessments;
- Tax collection including extension of time to pay tax and tax refunds
- Tax decisions, objections and appeals;
- Communications, Forms and Notices including Electronic Tax System;
- Administrative penalties and offences including change in penalties and interest rates; and
- Other significant changes.
Corporate Income Tax
- Imposition of Income Tax;
- Exemption from Income tax;
- Capital allowances, including the tax implications after revaluation of assets;
- Ascertainment of Total Income-Deductions allowed and deductions not allowed;
- Capital deductions;
- IFRS 9 tax implications;
- Returns and Notices; and
- Principles of withholding tax;
- Obligations placed on your institution under withholding tax;
- The withholding tax treatment of various payments to suppliers;
- Complex/ contentious withholding tax issues; and
- Withholding tax compliance procedures.
Pay As You Earn
- Basic PAYE concepts with a focus on areas that present a risk such as tax treatment of allowances/ per diems and non-cash benefits received from employment;
- Fringe benefit tax;
- Taxation of terminal dues / lump sum compensation;
- Compliance with PAYE procedures and filing requirements;
- The high-risk areas and the grey areas based on our experience and interaction with similar taxpayers as well as the revenue authority; and
- Business activities that may trigger obligation to register for VAT.
- Business activities that trigger VAT obligation;
- Taxable Value;
- Obligation as an agent of the KRA to withhold VAT and how to account for the withheld VAT; and
- Common issues arising during KRA audits.
- Sources of Excise Law;
- Introduction to excise duty;
- Policy considerations;
- Types of rates;
- Imposition of excise duty;
- Excisable goods and services;
- Goods and services not liable to excise duty;
- Time and place of supply;
- Timing of excise duty liability;
- Excise valuation;
- Excise duty returns;
- Excise duty exemptions; and
- Grey Areas.
- Finance professionals;
- Account Receivable and Payable accountants;
- Operational personnel;
- Product owners; and
- Credit recovery personnel.
Please register your interest to attend the Tax and Transfer Pricing Workshop here. Our team will then reach out to provide you with the invoicing details.
The fee for this course is Kshs 55,950
Should you have any inquiries, please reach out to:
Ms. Vera Adongo
Deloitte & Touche
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari,
P. O. Box 40092 - GPO 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel/Direct: +254 (0)20 423 0333; 020 423 0000
We look forward to seeing you at the table.
Interested in our upcoming trainings?
Please Click here for a full listing of upcoming trainings.