Business Process & Control Academy has been saved
Business Process & Control Academy
Sections 60 to 63 of the Investments and Securities Act of 2007 requires public companies (subject to the reporting requirements of the Act) to include in their Annual Reports, a report by the Management on the company’s Internal Control System. The Management of public companies are expected by the Act to establish policies, procedures, and practices to ensure the safety of assets, accuracy of financial records and reports, to achieve corporate objectives and compliance with laws and regulations.
The Board of Directors is to ensure the integrity of the company's financial controls and reporting through a system of internal controls over its financial reporting and security of its assets. A public company is required to file the auditor's attestation report as part of the annual report.
This course provides an opportunity for participants to acquire skills in business process and internal control design, implementation, and operation to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of objectives relating to operations, reporting, and compliance. Further, it will guide certifying officers to create a system to reassure them that transactions are recorded and presented to achieve financial reporting objectives in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and also encompass reliability, timeliness, transparency, or other terms as set forth by regulators, standard setters, or the entity’s policies.
Please contact Israel Nnanna at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08056598405.
We expect that at the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Design industry-specific process flow with embedded internal controls and audit assertions
- Evaluate and develop assessment for the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting
- Provide and maintain evidential matter, including documentation to support management’s assessment of the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting
- Design procedures that are sufficient both to evaluate the design, implementation and to test the operating effectiveness
- Identify controls and related assertions relevant for the required assessment
- Detect a deficiency, or combination of deficiencies, in the financial reporting process, and reasonably eliminate the possibility of a material misstatement of the entity’s annual or interim financial statements.
Deloitte Academy is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Chartered Institute of Bankers Nigeria (CIBN), Centre for Management Development (CMD).