Finance for Non-Finance Managers Course has been saved
Finance for Non-Finance Managers Course
Managers make several decisions, which may include hiring and firing employees, scheduling operations, preparation of budgets, approval of capital expenditure, or payment of expenses, but they seldom understand the impact of their decisions on the financial performance of the business.
This is because some managers, especially non-finance managers lack the required finance skills to understand how their decisions increase or deplete financial resources. Consequently, managers make poor decisions leading to loss of resources and resulting in poor performance.
In this course, we will explore the different areas of finance that will arm non-finance managers with sufficient knowledge to make informed decisions. This course answers the following questions:
- How do organisations deploy resources to generate profit?
- What are the key drivers of a company’s investment decisions?
- How does a company generate cash to fund operations?
- What is the relationship between cash and profit?
- How does an organisation manage cashflow?
- What are Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and how are they used to measure performance?
- What reports are prepared to show a company’s financial performance?
- How does a company measure and manage financial performance?
- How does expenditure increase/decrease affect the ability of a company to meet its financial KPIs?
- How does a company’s products deliver successful profitable returns for stakeholders?
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Read and analyse the financial statements
- Identify elements and various components of financial statements as well as their implications
- Describe the fundamentals of financial accounting and how transactions are recorded in the books of account
- Apply the knowledge of financial ratios to analyse financial statements and organisation’s performance
- Recognize what constitutes inventory, describe how they are valued, and explain the impact of write on profitability
- Identify what is revenue, describe how entities recognize and measure revenue from all business activities
- Describe the elements of budgeting and how budgeting is used for financial planning and control
- Explain what constitutes working capital and describe how to manage it to achieve the financial goals of the organisation
- Describe how entities determine need, source, and use funds to finance their activities